prof. dr. O.M. van Nijf
- A.J. Zuiderhoek Citizens, elites and benefactors: the politics of public generosity in Roman Asia Minor (co-promotor: Dr. W. Jongman, RUG).
- A. B. Overbeek Realistische geschiedschrijving - original supervisor: Prof. Dr. M.A. Wes, RUG.
- M.P. Schipperheijn Gewoner dan gedacht : de hellenistische heerserscultus van Antiochos I van Commagene (First supervisor: Prof. Dr. J. Bremmer, RUG).
- C.P. Dickenson On the Agora. Power and Public Space in Hellenistic and Roman Greece. (other promotores Dr. L. Nevett, Michigan;Prof. Dr. P. Attema, RUG)
- C.G Williamson City and Sanctuary. Constructing Civic Identity in the Sacred Landscapes of Mylasa and Stratonikeia in Karia (other promotores Dr. F. Pirson, DAI Istanbul; Prof. Dr. P. Attema, RUG).
- G. de Breucker Berossos van Babylon (first supervisor: Prof. Dr. W.J. van Bekkum, RUG).
- K.B. Neutel 'One in Christ': Context and Consequences of Paul's idea of the Unity of Believers (first supervisor Prof. Dr. G.H. van Kooten, RUG).
- M.K. Termeer Cultural identities in the Latin colonies of Central Italy (4th-3rd cent. BC) (co-supervisor Prof. Dr. P. Attema, RUG).
- A. Sparreboom 2010 The Venatio in Roman North Africa (first supervisor Prof. Dr. E. A. Hemelrijk, UVA).
Current PhD supervision:
- T. Blokzijl - Keizers en Decurionen. De verspreiding en acceptatie van keizerlijke macht, ideologie, cultuur en mentaliteit in Romeins Italië (27 v.Chr.- 68 n.Chr.) (co-supervisor: Dr. J.W. Drijvers, RUG).
- N. Bos The Antikythera Mechanism (first supervisor: Prof. Dr. R, van de Weijgaert, Kapteijn Institute, RUG).
- T.M. Dijkstra Civic and Cultural Identities in a Changing World. Analyzing the Mortuary Practices of the Postclassical Peloponnese. (first supervisor: Prof. Dr. S. Voutsaki, RUG)
- S.M. Kamphorst. Carving Communities in Stone. Inscriptions as a medium of Hellenistic globalisation. (co-supervisor. Prof. Dr.Lobo-Guerrero RUG).
- B.E.A.L. van der Lans 'Defining Jewishness and Christian Identity in Claudian-Neronian Rome: Impact of State Intervention' (first supervisor Prof. dr. G.H. van Kooten, RUG).
- S. Speksnijder Greeting and eating: patronage and social hierarchies in Roman society 80 B.C.–180 A.D. (co-supervisor Prof. Dr. R.R. Nauta, RUG).
I have organised the following workshops around the research of students of this group
- 2011: Sacred Landscapes - Connecting Routes, (Fransum - Groningen with my PhD student C.G. Williamson. The proceedings will be published in the series Caeculus )
- 2007: Public s pace in the Postclassical city, (Fransum-Groningen with my PhD student C.P. Dickenson. The proceedings of which will be published in the series Caeculus.
- 2008: Culture religion and identity in the Greek city (NIT – Istanbul) in collaboration with the Dr. F. Gerritsen (NIT), and Prof. Dr. M. Sayar of the University of Istanbul.
I teach (with pleasure) at all levels of BA and MA, in History, and Classics as well as our interdisciplinary research MA Classical, Medieval and Early Modern Studies (CMEMS), and University College Groningen
- Topics of Third year BA courses have included:
Greek athletics, Roman religion, The cultural history of death in antiquity; The city of Athens;
- Topics of MA courses: have included:
Romans and their food; Citizenship in the Hellenistic polis; Greek religion; Greeks and Romans; The Impact of Empire; Memory in the Ancient World, Athens and Rome
All my course have a strong interdisciplinary character, they are designed with historians, classicists, archaeologists and students of religion in mind.
- MA dissertations supervised by me have included:
Ruler cult in Commagene, Sparta and Apollo, The epigraphy of Greek sanctuaries, The commemoration of the battle of Marathon, Statues for women in Roman Asia Minor, Greek festivas in honour of Rome
- BA dissertations supervised by me have included:
Greek body culture, Roman Associations, Byzantine Hooliganism, Roman Gladiators, Greek religion, The cult of Dionysos, Ruler cult in Roman Egypt, Greek aristocracies and athletics, Greek gymnasia, Greek democracy under Rome.
- Greek epigraphy
|Laatst gewijzigd:||22 januari 2018 22:18|