prof. dr. J.P. (Paul) Elhorst
J. Paul Elhorst is Professor of Spatial Econometrics.
-Professor of Regional Economics, endowed by the Stichting Leerstoel Regionale Economie (Groningen, Friesland, Drenthe), at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, 2011-2016.
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Economics at the University of Groningen
- Economist at the Agricultural Economics Research Institute (LEI) in the Hague.
- Degrees in Economics (PhD, University of Amsterdam) and Econometrics (MSc, University of Amsterdam).
- Awarded the Martin Beckmann Prize for the best paper in Papers in Regional Science 2007 (Jury: Masahija Fujita, Jean Paelinck, John Quigley, Jouke van Dijk).
- Author of the book: Spatial Econometrics: From Cross-sectional Data to Spatial Panels. Springer, Heidelberg New York Dordrecht London.
-Outgoing Editor-in-Chief Spatial Economics Analysis.
-Editorial Board member of the Journal of Regional Science, Regional Science & Urban Economics, Journal of Geographical Systems, Geographical Analysis, Journal of Spatial Econometrics, and Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences.
-Member of the Regional Science Association International, Fellow of the Spatial Econometrics Association, of the Regional Studies Association, and of the Groningen Research School (SOM).
-Taught Spatial Econometrics courses in Groningen (Netherlands), Jönköping (Sweden), Utrecht (the Netherlands), Konstanz (Germany), St. Andrews (Scotland), Umea (Sweden), Paris (France), Yogyakarta (Indonesia), Recife (Brazil), Guangzhou (China), and online in Rome.
-Published 100 papers in refereed journals and books, both in English and Dutch.
-Supervised 7 PhD theses.
-Expert member SER Northern Netherlands 2016-2017.
-Chair of Local Organizing Comittee of the Spatial Econometric World Conference in Groningen, June 23-25, 2024.
-Chair of Local Organizing Comittee of the ERSA (European Regional Science Association) congress in Groningen, August 29 - September 1, 2017.
-Educational Coordinator of the Bachelor and Master Economics at the University of Groningen, 2000-2020.
-Research proposal evaluator and pre-advisor of the Netherlands Organisation of Scientific Research (NWO) and of foreign National Science Foundations (Israel, Poland, UK, USA).
|Last modified:||13 June 2023 08.51 a.m.|