prof. dr. J.P. (Paul) Elhorst
Professor of Spatial Econometrics
J. Paul Elhorst is Professor of Spatial Econometrics.
-Professor of Regional Economics, endowed by the Stichting Leerstoel Regionale Economie (Groningen, Friesland, Drenthe), at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands, 2011-2016.
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Economics at the University of Groningen
- Economist at the Agricultural Economics Research Institute (LEI) in the Hague.
- Degrees in Economics (PhD, University of Amsterdam) and Econometrics (MSc, University of Amsterdam).
- Awarded the Martin Beckmann Prize for the best paper in Papers in Regional Science 2007 (Jury: Masahija Fujita, Jean Paelinck, John Quigley, Jouke van Dijk).
- Author of the book: Spatial Econometrics: From Cross-sectional Data to Spatial Panels. Springer, Heidelberg New York Dordrecht London.
-Editor-in-Chief Spatial Economics Analysis.
-Editorial Board member of the Journal of Regional Science, Regional Science & Urban Economics, Journal of Geographical Systems, Geographical Analysis, Journal of Spatial Econometrics, and Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences.
-Member of the Regional Science Association International, Fellow of the Spatial Econometrics Association, of the Regional Studies Association, and of the Groningen Research School (SOM).
-Taught Spatial Econometrics courses in Groningen (Netherlands), Jönköping (Sweden), Utrecht (the Netherlands), Konstanz (Germany), St. Andrews (Scotland), Umea (Sweden), Paris (France), Yogyakarta (Indonesia), Recife (Brazil), and Guangzhou (China).
-Published 100 papers in refereed journals and books, both in English and Dutch.
-Supervised 7 PhD theses.
-Expert member SER Northern Netherlands 2016-2017.
-Chair of Local Organizing Comittee of the ERSA (European Regional Science Association) congress in Groningen, August 29 - September 1, 2017.-Educational Coordinator of the Bachelor and Master Economics at the University of Groningen, 2000-2020.
-Research proposal evaluator and pre-advisor of the Netherlands Organisation of Scientific Research (NWO) and of foreign National Science Foundations (Israel, Poland, UK, USA).
|Last modified:||25 June 2022 3.40 p.m.|