dr. H.H. Boersma
Last update: 26/02/2018
Name: Hendrikus Hessel Boersma
Date of Birth: June 28, 1968, Leeuwarden, the Netherlands
1999- 2006 PhD thesis: ‘’Annexin A5: Pharmacology, radiopharmaceutical aspects and cell death imaging”, University of Maastricht, Maastricht, the Netherlands. Date of successful thesis defense: 6 April, 2006
2001-2003 Training in Clinical Pharmacology. Date of certification: 11-04-2003. Re-certification in 2008 and 2014.
1998-2000 Training in Clinical Pharmacy, UniversityHospitalMaastricht, Maastricht, the Netherlands. Licensed as a Hospital Pharmacist as per 01-11-2000.
BIG-registration no 09048182617
1998 Certificate in Radiation Safety (“Nivo 3-diploma”)
1996 PharmD, University of Groningen, the Netherlands. Date of examination: 29-08-1996
2014-current Associate Investigator for CMI and Guide/ Vascular Ageing Program.
2013-current Assistant Professor, Faculty of Medicine, University of Groningen, UMC Groningen
2009-current Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacologist and Qualified Person, senior staff member, Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, UMC Groningen.
2007-current Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacologist and Qualified Person, senior staff member, Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology, UMC Groningen.
2004/2005 Visiting researcher, Department of Cardiology, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA (4 weeks total)
2000-2007 Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacologist, (senior) staff member, Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Toxicology, University Hospital Maastricht, Maastricht, the Netherlands.
1997 Project pharmacist, Slotervaart Hospital, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
1996-1997 QA-pharmacist, TRAMARKO, Almere, the Netherlands
-Internships for PhD students or Postdocs atMount Sinai Medical Center,New York.In close collaboration with Dr. Jagat Narula, we can offer the best PhD students under our supervision a stay of 1-2 y at the Department of Cardiology at Mount Sinai, New York. The first internship was accomplished by Hans de Haas.
- Realization of 2 masterprojects at Mount Sinai Medical Center,New York. In close
collaboration with Dr. Jagat Narula, we could offer 2 PharmD students a 3 month research internship at the department of Cardiology in 2012 and 2013.
- Realization of 5 masterprojects at Yale University (New Haven, USA) and Karolinska Institute (Stockholm, Sweden) in 2013/ 2015.
-Member of the UMCG Medical Ethics Review Board (2008-2018)
Functions and activities
Patient care/ Hospital Organization Activities
- Certified for Clinical Pharmacy (BIG-registration no 09048182617) and Clinical Pharmacology (Certification in 2003 and 2008, 2014)
- Qualified Person for the release of Clinical trial material and involved in the development of radiopharmaceutical products for (pre-)clinical use (since 2008).
- Clinical pharmacist involved in the daily services of the Hospital Pharmacy and especially involved in the co-ordination and release of regular and experimental (radio-) pharmaceuticals
- Co-ordination of (pre-)clinical studies in co-operation with peer investigators and/ or the pharmaceutical industry
- Coordination of the Medi/EVS electronic prescription system (2007-2014)
- Member of the Steering Group Electronic Prescription (2007-2011)
- University Hospital Maastricht: member of several committees concerning Pharmacotherapy, Infection Policy and Working Area Safety (2000-2007)
- Dutch Society of Hospital Pharmacy
- Dutch Society of Nuclear Medicine
- Dutch Society of Clinical Pharmacology.
- Dutch Association for the advancement of Pharmacy
- Member of ad-hoc visitation committees for the Dutch Society of Nuclear Medicine (2007-current)
- CCKL auditor (2007-2016)
- Member of the Special Interest Group Radiopharmacy of the Dutch Society of Hospital Pharmacists (2003-current).
- Deputy Member of the Maximá Medical Center Medical Ethics Review Board (2005-2008), Eindhoven, the Netherlands
- Member of the IZAAZ purchasing group for Hospital Pharmacists of University Medical Centers (2005-2007)
- Member of the MAASTRO Medical Ethics Review Board (2003-2006), Heerlen, the Netherlands
- Member of the Special Interest Group Biotechnology of the Dutch Society of Hospital Pharmacists (1999-2007)
Teaching and Training
- Lectures for pharmacy students.
- Coaching of students (pharmacy and medicine) during their research elective at the Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging and/ or the Department of Clinical and Hospital Pharmacy.
- Coaching of several PhD-students and postdocs.
- With the Cardiovascular Imaging Group Groningen: Organization of weekly research meetings on Cardiovascular Imaging.
- Participates in training of clinical pharmacists
- Member of the jury during several PhD-thesis defenses (2012- current)
- Postgraduate teaching in radiopharmaceutical and imaging topics in the Netherlands, as well as abroad (EANM/IAEA/ QP-Association).
- Educator for national radiopharmacy education for residents in Nuclear Medicine and Clinical Pharmacy.
Co-supervisor of PhD theses
- lmplementation of Guidelines on Hospital Radiopharmacy in low income settings. Fany Ekoume (in Co-operation with StellenboschUniversity). Started in 2015 as a PhD-student.
- Cardiovascular imaging: anabolic steroids and the renal axis (working title) . Jurgen W.A. Sijbesma, started as a PhD-student in 2013.
- Frontiers of Cardiovascular Imaging (working title) Hans J. de Haas, BSc, BA, MD/PhD-student, PhD-thesis defense foreseen in 2018, together with Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, USA
- Novel visualization techniques towards identification of atherosclerotic patients at risk. Nynke Jager, MD/PhD-student, successful PhD-thesis defense December 10, 2014.
- New Targets in Cardiovascular Imaging Reza Golestani, MD, successful PhD-thesis defense on May 22, 2013
- Also involved in the PhD-trajects of Stefanie de Boer, Ruben Buys and Luis E..Juárez Orozco.
See Pure for all publications I was involved in.
More information: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Hendrikus_Boersma and https://nl.linkedin.com/in/hhboersma
|Laatst gewijzigd:||26 februari 2018 13:39|