drs. G.A. Oggel
Lecturer/Coordinator of Spanish Language Learning Team
Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Faculty of Arts, Department of European Languages and Cultures (ELC), Groningen, the Netherlands
March 2008 – Present
- Lecturer of Spanish as a Foreign Language
- Co-coordinator of Spanish Language Learning team
- Stay Abroad coordinator
- Active as teacher/researcher in the field of Teaching & learning innovation through Virtual Exchange (VE)
- Member of the European EVOLVE project
- Member of the Public Relations committee
- Member of the Board of Examiners
- Coaching of teacher trainees enrolled in the MultiELE master
- Mentor to 1st year students
- President of the Program Committee
- Winter school by Janet Bennett on Intercultural Competence (January 2017)
- Academic English - Tailor made course for lecturers of European Languages and Cultures (nov 2017 - feb 2018)
- Curso de estrategias y recursos en la expresión oral para profesores extranjeros de español por la Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo (|August 2015)
- Acreditación examinador DELE C1/C2 (June 2015)
- EVOLVE Project Team (2020). The Impact of Virtual Exchange on Student Learning in Higher Education: EVOLVE Project Report. http://hdl.handle.net/(...)37-91c6-326ebbd14f17
- EVOLVE Project Team (2020). Key drivers’ perspectives on the institutional uptake of virtual exchange. Case Studies from 9 European HEIs. http://hdl.handle.net/(...)e9-aa2a-5e01993528d8
- Albá Duran, J.; Oggel, G.; Espejel Nonell, O.; Pujolà Font, J. T. (2020). Success factors of a Telecollaboration project in the context of Second Language Teaching and Learning. Culture Crossroads, 15, 31-60. http://www.culturecrossroads.lv/(...)26-53.pdf?1602878632
- Albá Duran, J.; Oggel, G. (2019). Challenges of the transatlantic cross-disciplinary ENVOIE-UFRUG Project. In Turula, A,; Kurek, M.; Lewis, T. (Eds). (2019). Telecollaboration and virtual exchange across disciplines: in service of social inclusion and global citizenship. Research-publishing.net. https://research-publishing.net/(...)05/rpnet.2019.35.937
- Jager, S., Meima, E., & Oggel, G. (2012). Oral proficiency teaching with WebCEF and Skype: Scenarios for online production and interaction tasks. Language Learning in Higher Education, 2(1), 91-113. https://doi.org/(...)15/cercles-2012-0006
- Presentation at IVEC 2020 Conference. Title: Virtual Exchange across disciplines: Reporting on Students' discipline-related learning.
- Presentation at IVEC 2020 Conference. Title: The power of one: Understanding the role of change makers in institutional uptake of Virtual Exchange.
- Presentation at Virtual Exchange: Next steps in University Education - Virtual Event 1, hosted by the EVOLVE project. Title: A bottom-up perspective on the implementation of VE in European HEIs.
- Presentation at 1st Virtual International Staff Training Week Virtual Exchange for innovation in Education:, University of Padua. Title: Awarding ECTS for virtual exchange, Case Studies from European Universities in the EVOLVE Project (June 2020) .
- Workshop at Dag van de Talen, Kunsten en Cultuur 2020, University of Groningen.
- Presentation at the Visualization Research and Teaching Laboratory, Harvard University (Cambridge MA), hosted by Nicole Mills, Chris Dede and Rus Gant. Title: Virtual Exchange: A Multifaceted International Learning Experience (Nov. 2019).
- Workshop for the faculty of World Languages Center, Northeastern University (Boston), hosted by Caroline Fuchs. Title: Virtual Exchange for language learning (Nov. 2019).
- Presentation and open discussion at Universidad de Antioquia (UdeA), Medellín, Colombia, hosted by the International Relations Office. Title: "Conversatorio sobre tendencias globales de virtualidad en la Educación Superior" (Nov. 2019).
- Workshop at the Conference 'International Perspectives on Teaching & Learning (IPT&L)' (Uppsala, 2019). Title: Designing a Virtual Exchange.
- Presentation “El Desarrollo de la Competencia Intercultural en Estudios de Lenguas y Culturas Europeas” at the Seminario Internacional Comunicación y Cultura: Espacios, Alteridades y Poder", in the frame of the Doctorado de Comunicación de la Universidad de la Frontera. Hosted by Dr. Carlos del Valle (January 2018).
- Presentation of Telecollaboration Project RUG-UB at the Second International Conference on Telecollaboration in Higher Education, Trinity College Dublin (April, 2016)
- Presentation at Cercles seminar: the central role of the learner in using the CEFR and the ELP. Title: Online uitwisseling en assessment. University of Groningen. (November 2011)
Author Spanish Learning Method Paso Adelante aimed at Dutch Selective Secondary Education (HAVO/VWO)
Noordhoff Uitgevers, Groningen, the Netherlands
September 2009 – September 2012
- Freelance co-author for exercises, texts and illustrations
Instituto Cervantes, Utrecht, the Netherlands
January 2008 – September 2010
- Spanish language course administration services
- Library services
- Hosting and organization of cultural events
- Spanish - Dutch translation services
Consular affairs assistant
Embassy of Ecuador in The Hague, the Netherlands
May 2006 – Feb 2008
- Secretary to the Consul of Ecuador
- Consular services
- Website editing
- Spanish/Dutch translation services
- Hosting and organization of Embassy events
University Teaching Qualification in Higher Education
University of Groningen (june 2013)
University of Amsterdam
Master of Arts - MA Teaching Spanish Language and Literature (2003-2004)
- Internship at Zernike College Highschool
University of Groningen
Master of Arts (MA) in Romance Languages and Cultures, specialisation Spanish Language and Culture (1997 - 2003)
- Teacher of Spansih at the Volksuniversiteit and the Language Center, Groningen
- Student assistant of the course 'Romance Culture and Literature'
- Internship at the Casa de las Américas, Havana, Cuba
- Erasmus study program at the University of Granada, Spain
|Last modified:||22 May 2021 4.02 p.m.|