prof. dr. F. Janssen
Main research projects:
See here for the different projects within her research line "Population, Mortality and Health"
See here for the project website of her VIDI research project "Smoking, alcohol and obesity - ingredients for improved and robust mortality projections".
October 2020 she will start her VICI research project on "Forecasting future socio-economic inequalities in longevity: the impact of lifestyle ‘epidemics’" (see here).
Current supervision of PhD researchers:
- Arun B Chandran, Comparing aging in Europe and Asia using new ageing indicators (Promotores: Fanny Janssen, Prof. James (ISEC, India), Leo van Wissen) (Expected date of defense: 2020)
- Vladimir Shkolnikov, Decomposing mortality disparities between and within industrialized countries (Promotores: Fanny Janssen & Leo van Wissen) (Expected date of defense: 2020)
- Dmitri Jdanov, New insights on mortality in developed countries using long-term coherent mortality data series combined with new analytical approaches (Promotores: Fanny Janssen & Leo van Wissen) (Expected date of defense: 2020)
- Rok Hrzck, Health convergence in the European Union (Promotores: Prof. Helmut Brand (Maastricht University) & Fanny Janssen; copromotor: Dr. Tobias Vogt) (Expected date of defense: 2022)
- Benjamin Aretz, Environment and health (Promotores: Prof. Gabriele Doblhammer (Rostock University) & Fanny Janssen) (Expected date of defense: 2023)
- Lara Bister, Economic crisis and health in Europe (Promotor; Copromotor: Tobias Vogt)(Expected date of defense: 2024)
- Rufi Shaikh, The impact of smoking on mortality differences across India (Promotor; Copromotor: Tobias Vogt)(Expected date of defense: 2024)
|Last modified:||27 October 2020 11.29 a.m.|