prof. dr. D. de Zeeuw
CURRICULUM VITAE: DICK DE ZEEUW
Born 15 July 1951, the Hague.
Education and Training
1975 MD, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG).
1980 PhD Medicine, Thesis ‘Renal mobility and hypertension’, RUG.
1984 ‑ 1985 Training in Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Pharmacology, Dallas, Texas, USA.
1996 Board Certification Clinical Pharmacology Netherlands.
2017 - today Professor Clinical Pharmacology, Department Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology, UMCG, Groningen, the Netherlands.
2019 - today Chair Ethics Committee nWMO-plichtig Research
1971 ‑ 1974 Student Assistant, Physiological Chemistry, Medical Faculty, Groningen.
1975 ‑ 1980 Fellow, Department Internal Medicine, Section Nephrology, RUG.
1980 ‑ 1984 Assistant Professor Internal Medicine, Section Nephrology, RUG.
1984 ‑ 1985 Visiting Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Dallas, Texas, USA.
1985 ‑ 1996 Associate Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, Section Nephrology, RUG.
1996 - 2014 Professor, and Chair, Department of Clinical Pharmacology.
2014 - 2017 Chair, Research Section Department Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology.
2012 - today Director, Groningen Institute for Drug Exploration (GUIDE).
Fellowships and Awards
1984 ‑ 1985 Fellowship/Sabbatical, Clinical Pharmacology, Dpt of Pharmacology, Dallas, USA.
2006 Lennart Hansson Memorial Lecture Award, European Society of Hypertension.
2007 International Distinguished Medal, American National Kidney Foundation.
2008 Special Lecture Award, Japanese Society of Nephrology.
2015 Saal van Zwanenberg price, Royal Holland Society of Sciences and Humanities
Organisation of International Congresses
2004 Chair, First Int Symposium on Albuminuria; The role of albuminuria in Health and Disease: predicting outcomes and target for therapy; New York, USA, 16-18 May 2004.
2010 Member, American Society of Nephrology Program Committee, ASN, Denver, Nov 2010
2010 Chair, Second Int Symposium on Albuminuria; New Therapies in lowering albuminuria: Impact on Kidney and Cardiovascular Outcomes; Amsterdam, 12-14 December, 2010.
2011 Chair, Third Int Symposium on Albuminuria; The prognostic role of albuminuria: Impact on Kidney and Cardiovascular Outcomes; Groningen, 29 November- 1 December 2011.
2011 Chair, 4th Meeting Uremic Toxins and Cardiovascular Disease: New therapies; Groningen, 20-22 Mei 2011.
2014 Chair, Symposium Biomarker-based modeling tools: safer drugs and faster development?; Amsterdam, 24 January 2014.
2015 Chair, Satellite symposium World Congress of Nephrology; Cape Town, South-Africa, 17-19 March 2015
Local, National, International Management
1983 - 1993 Animal Ethical Committee.
1986 - 1991 Faculty Animal Experiments Committee.
1986 - 1996 Research Committee Department Internal Medicine.
1986 - 1998 Study group Hypertension and Renal Physiology (NWO)
1988 - 1997 University Council Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.
1988 - 1993 University Council – Education and Research Committee.
1988 - 1997 University Council - Committee Legal and Personnel Affairs.
1989 - 2012 Coordinator Faculty Research theme ‘Renal physiology and Pharmacology’.
1990 - 1992 University Committee Emancipation.
1991 - 1996 Faculty Council Medicine Rijksuniversiteit Groningen.
1993 - 1998 Board Member and Treasurer Dutch Society Nephrology.
1994 - 1998. Coordinator Theme ‘Clinical Pharmacology’ Groningen Institute Drug Studies (GIDS).
1995 - 1996 Treasurer EDTA-ERA-Congress 1996.
1998 - 2013 Research Committee COMGAN, International Society Nephrology.
2000 - today Committee Clinical Trials, International Society of Nephrology.
2002 - 2005 Board Certification Committee Dutch Society Pharmacology.
2005 - 2012 Chair Federation Innovative Drug Research Netherlands (FIGON).
2009 - 2015 Council member International Society of Nephrology.
2012 - today Director Groningen Institute for Drug Exploration (GUIDE).
International Guideline Committees
1999 - 2004 Board of the Kidney Diseases Outcomes Quality Initiative (K/DOQI)
International Trial Advisory Boards
2006 - today Hemocue
2012 - 2015 VITAE
2011 - today Astellas
2011 - 2015 ChemoCentryx
2011 - 2015 Takeda
2012 - today Eli Lilly
2014 - today Fresenius
International Trial Steering Committees
1995 RENAAL trial, member (finished)
1996 PREVEND cohort, co-chair
1996 PREVEND-IT trial, member (finished)
2003 PROLONG trial, chair (finished)
2003 SHARP trial, member (finished, NCT00125593)
2004 GIANTT diabetes cohort, chair
2004 TREAT trial, member (finished, NCT00093015)
2005 SUN-micro trial, member, European coordinator (finished, NCT00130208)
2005 SUN-macro trial, member, European coordinator (finished, NCT00130312)
2006 PLANET I trial, chair (finished, NCT00296374)
2006 PLANET II trial, chair (finished, NCT00296400)
2006 VITAL trial, chair (finished, NCT00421733)
2006 ALTITUDE trial, member (finished, NCT00549757)
2009 CANVAS trial, member (NCT01032629)
2010 RADAR trial, co-chair (NCT01356849)
2011 BEACON trial, co-chair (NCT01351675)
2013 SONAR trial, co-chair (NCT01858532)
2013 CANVAS-R trial, member (NCT01989754)
2014 CCX140 trial, advisor (finished, NCT01447147)
2014 CREDENCE trial, member (NCT02065791)
1994 - 1999 Clinical Science (specialist editor).
1995 - 2010 Kidney International.
1996 - today Current Opinion in Nephrology and Hypertension
1999 - today Journal of the Renin-Angiotensin Aldosterone System (JRAAS)
2000 - today Journal of Hypertension
2003 - today Journal of Geriatric Urology and Nephrology
2008 - 2014 Deputy Editor NEPHRON
2009 - 2015 Editor Clinical Nephrology
2011 - 2015 Associate Editor Nephrology Dialysis Transplantation Plus
2012 - today Editor European Journal of Preventive Cardiology
2015 - today Member International Advisory Board Lancet Diabetes & Endocrinology
Groningen: Former co-chair general population cohort PREVEND and Chair of Diabetes cohort GIANTT (>25.000 patients) on the meaning of albuminuria and progressive renal/CV function loss and therapy.
Nederland: Chair and collaborator in the Top Institute Pharma Project, Esscher, on biomarkers in drug trials in diabetes.
Europa: Chair and collaborator in the European FP7 SysKid consortium (http://www.syskid.eu/) on biomarkers and therapy in diabetes.
International: Chair and collaborator in 16 international public-private consortia on new drug effects in diabetes.
4 NWO/ZonMW/STW grants.
1 TI Pharma program grant.
1 TI Pharma Value Creation grant.
3 Collaborative Research Programs grant in de European Phramework program (partner).
1 Collaborative Research Program grant Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) (co-chair)
1 Kidney Foundation Personal Program grant.
2 Heart Foundation project grants.
19 Kidney Foundation project grants.
16 grants with Industrial partners (Astra Zeneca, Amgen, Abbott, AbbVie, BMS, J&J, Keryx Biopharmaceuticals, MSD, Novartis, REATA).
Dutch Society of Nephrology.
Dutch Society of Clinical Pharmacology and Biopharmacy.
American Society of Nephrology.
International Society of Nephrology.
Dutch Internal Medicine Society.
NWO-workgroup ‘Hypertension en Renal physiology’.
Dutch Society van Pharmacology.
- SJ Hoorntje, Merits and demerits of the ACEi Captopril in antihypertensive treatment, RUG 1981
- GJ Navis, Enalapril and the Kidney, RUG 1986.
- P Dijkstra, Preorganized molecular cavities synthesis and complexation with alkali cations, University Twente1987.
- R Vriesendorp, Nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs in the nephrotic syndrome, RUG 1988.
- TKH Kremer Hovinga, Renovascular disease: observations on radioisotope detection…, RUG.1990
- EJF Franssen, Drug targeting to the kidney with low molecular weight proteins, RUG 1992.
- JE Heeg, The antiproteinuric effect of ACE-inhibition in renal disease, RUG, 1992.
- GJ Jonker, ACE inhibition in the diagnosis of renovascular hypertension, RUG 1993.
- WI Iwema-Bakker, Towards the medical applications of calixspherands, University Twente 1993.
- WMT Janssen, Atrial Natriuretic Factor, RUG 1994.
- RT Gansevoort, Mechanism and benefits of the antiproteinuric effect of ACE-inhibition, RUG 1995.
- AJ Apperloo, Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibition in chronic renal failure and hypertension, RUG 1995.
- CA Visscher, Renal ortho-iodohippurate handling in normal and pathological conditions, RUG 1996.
- T Tepper, Erythrocyte cation transport and hypertension: Physiological and clinical studies, RUG 1998
- BCH Teisman, Interactions between the sympathetic nervous system and RAAS in heart failure, RUG 1998.
- RJ Kok, Targeting of captopril to the kidney: towards selective renal ACE inhibition, RUG 1998.
- M Haas, Drug targeting to the kidney and to the urinary bladder, RUG 1998.
- LE Deelman, Regulation of inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate receptor expression, RUG 1999.
- MH Hemmelder, Glomerular permeability during ACE inhibition, RUG 1999.
- AJM Roks, Towards new approaches for intervention in the cardiovascular system, RUG 2000
- J Broekroelofs, Renal function after solid organ transplantation, RUG 2000.
- FH Wapstra, On the mechanism of the renoprotective action of ace-inhibition. RUG 2000.
- C Filipeanu, Intracellular angiotensin II: from myth to reality, RUG 2001.
- SJ Pinto-Sietsma, Risk factors for renal abnormalities in a nondiabetic population, RUG 2001.
- JL Hillege, Renal risk markers and cardiovascular disease. RUG 2002.
- PAM Vries, The renal dopaminergic system in experimental hypertension, RUG 2002.
- FGH van de Kleij, ACE gene insertion/deletion polymorphism and renal disease. RUG 2002.
- P van Paassen, Renin inhibition: a tool to assess the role of the RAAS in renal hemodynamics .., RUG 2003.
- H Buter, Variability in therapeutic responses during interference in the renin-angiotensin system, RUG 2003.
- SK Gschwend, Small artery tone under control of the endothelium…, RUG 2003.
- GD Laverman, Optimisation of renoprotective therapy with RAS blockade, RUG 2004.
- JC Verhave, The impact of albuminuria and cardiovascular risk factors on renal function, RUG 2004.
- EM Stuveling, C-reactive protein and albuminuria; independent risk markers of renal.., RUG 2004.
- MJA Kocks, Sodium intake and therapy resistance to ACE inhibition…., RUG 2005.
- P Ochodnicky, Vascular endothelial and myogenic function in renal disease: focus on …,. RUG 2006.
- M Sandovici, Gene therapy in kidney transplantation: towards local immune suppression, RUG2006.
- JP Greving, Trends in cardiovascular drug prescribing in Dutch general practice: role of patient, RUG 2007.
- WBA Eijkelkamp, Reversing the reno-cardiac perspective, RUG 2007..
- EA van der Wouden, The therapeutic potential of adenoviral gene therapy and… , RUG 2007.
- WAKM Windt, Cardiorenal interaction. Therapeutic perspectives, RUG 2007.
- H Bos, Therapy resistance to the antiproteinuric and renoprotective efficacy of ACE-inhibition, RUG 2007.
- JW Brinkman, Albuminuria as a laboratory risk marker. Methods evaluated, RUG 2007.
- L Vogt, Strategies to optimize renoprotective therapy in proteinuric renal patients, RUG 2008.
- HJ Lambers Heerspink, Perspectives on randomized clinical trials. The case for albuminuria. RUG 2008.
- AH Brantsma, Course and consequences of high urinary albumin excretion, RUG 2008.
- FA Holtkamp, Predicting and improving individual long-term outcome in diabetes, RUG 2011.
- Y Miao, Off-target effects of RAAS-inhibition: important renal outcomes in diabetes, RUG 2012.
- ME Hellemons, Prediction and prevention of chronic renal impairment in high-risk populations.., RUG 2012.
- PA Smink, Biomarkers and assessment of drug efficacy in cardiovascular disease, RUG 2013.
- G Sidorenkov, Predictive value of treatment quality indicators on outcomes in diabetes, RUG 2013.
- ST de Vries, Patient perspectives in the benefit-risk evaluation of drugs, RUG, 2014
- MJ Pena, Novel biomarker panels in diabetic kidney disease; predicting disease progression and response to therapy, and monitoring drug effect. RUG 2015
- BH Schievink, Integrating biomarkers to predict renal and cardiovascular drug efficacy; PRE score applications from drug registration to personalized medicine, RUG 2016
- TF Kropelin, The association between albuminuria and long-term renal risk; How to improve the precision of drug effects estimates, RUG 2016
Research Elective Courses Medicine, Pharmacy and Medical Biology.
Postdoctoral elective courses and bedside teaching.
Chair Training Clinical Pharmacology Board Groningen.
Refresher Courses medical doctors and internists national en international.
ISN Educational Ambassador Vilnius University Hospital, Lithuania.
International congresses, symposia en workshops: >300
Public lectures and ‘outreach’: >20
International scientific publications: 600; (http://www.researcherid.com/rid/E-9080-2014)
Book chapters and Proceedings: >60
Total citations Web of Science: 27215 Total citations Google Scholar: 39834
H-index: Web of Science: 70 H-index Google Scholar: 85
Max cited article NEJM 2001: 3488 i10-index: 365
|Last modified:||04 June 2020 9.56 p.m.|