dr. B.S. Hellemans
Before her appointement at Groningen in September 2010, Babette Hellemans was lecturer at the University of Amsterdam and Utrecht University for courses on all levels. She taught a PhD-seminar in French at the University of Lyon-2 and was invited at the Humanities Center of Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, USA).
Courses she has taught and developed cover the intellectual, religious and cultural history of Europe from 1000-1800. She has supervised theses on all levels in the field of medieval intellectual and/or religious history, especially covering monasticism, spirituality, the culture of images and historical anthropology. She has supervised tutorials for Research Master students, MA-theses in joint-projects together with colleagues from the University of Amsterdam and Utrecht University.
For the Research School Huizinga Dr Hellemans organizes the Summerschool 2018 On Genius and Madness
Currently Dr Hellemans is supervisor of two PhD projects:
-Theo Lap's thesis on world renunciation in 12th century letter collections (project 'Homesick Monks, Reluctant Bishops'), together with Catrien Santing (RUG).
-Suzette van Haaren's thesis on the effects of digitalization on the materiality of medieval manuscripts (project 'Digital Parchment'), together with Ann Sophie Lehmann (RUG) and Kate Rudy (St Andrews).
In 2017 the Fellowship Innovative Teaching has been awarded to Dr Hellemans for her project on "Reading Fast and Slow".
- Plenary Lectures Cultural History
Seminar Cultural History 'Love, ascetics and sexuality in the Middle Ages'
Theory of History
- Lecturer Honours College "History of Ideals about Life"
- Lecturer University College "Understanding Culture"
- Tutorials (research master studenten)
- Theses (BA, MA and Research Master CMEMS).
Advisory Boards in Education
President of Board of Education for the interdisciplinary Research Master "Classical, Medieval and Renaissance Studies"
Member of NWO selection committee for secondary school teachers who apply for a PhD bursary
- BKO, Universiteit Utrecht in 2010.
- maître de conférence, section 17, Philosophy. Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche, 2010.
- maître de conférence, section 21, Histoire, culture, archeologie et art des civilisations. Ministère de l’Enseignement Supérieur et de la Recherche, 2010.
|Last modified:||09 October 2018 11.00 p.m.|