Input in terms of the SEP means funding and expenditure, and personnel. The following tables are required:
1. (SEP: Table 1A) For each institute, a table is required providing the research capacity of staff members for each of the years 1999-20040 for the categories:
a. tenured staff
b. non-tenured staff
c. PhD students
d. bursary students1
e. (summary of the above: total research staff)
f. supporting staff
g. (summary of all the above: total staff)
2. (SEP: Table 1B) For each research group, the same table as above but without the supporting staff is required, for the period 1999-20040.
3. (SEP: Table 4) For each research group, a list is required of the names of all staff members and their research capacity for each of the years 1999-20040 for the categories:
a. full professor
b. associate professor (also UHD)
c. assistant professor (also UD)2
d. other tenured research staff
e. (total of a-d: total tenured staff)
f. non-tenured staff
g. PhD students
h. bursary students1
i. (total f-h: total non-tenured staff)
j. (total research staff)
Tables 1, 2 and 3 are to be in fte research capacity3.
These tables have been made from information supplied by Jan de Boer, on the basis of the PeopleSoft database of FSE. All personnel having an employment contract with RuG, NWO, FOM, or the like, have been included the list, plus Levinsky.
The following changes have been made to the output provided by Jan de Boer:
- BMT: Andringa eliminated (was "Onderwijscoordinator" first, null position later);
- BMT: Tomaskovic: capacity taken from data supplied by Duifhuis;
- CIO: Research capacity of Meijer halved (Chair of CIO);
- FDL (Klapwijk): added to FYSND (van Wees);
- FYSND: staff that was 'parked' in OPPFY prior to the start of FYSND has been transferred to FYSND;
- FYSND: Jackson removed;
- FYORG: Weringa and Chupin removed;
- NBFYS: Oberwinkler belonged to Poolman's group in 2002, not to NBFYS (0.45);
- OPTIW: Research capacity of Wiersma reduced (Dean); Duppen added;
- THHEF: Mathematical physics staff added to THHEF group;
- THHEF: Research capacity of Bergshoeff reduced (Chair of CTN);
- THHEF: Winnink and Kok removed;
- THHEF: Research capacity of Eyras, Ma, De Wit set to 0.63, 0.31 and 0.70 (FOM extensions not reflected in PeopleSoft);
- THCON: Research capacity of Knoester reduced (Chair of CTN and Scientific Director of MSC);
- VBTEC and CHTEC: Research capacity of Levinsky set to 0.12 (instead of 0.00).
4. (SEP: Table 2A) For each institute, a table is required providing funding (divided into (in Dutch) eerste, tweede en derde geldstroom, and other) and expenditure (divided into personnel costs and other costs) for each of the years 1999-20040.
Table 4 is to be provided in € and again in %.
5. (SEP: Table 2B) For each institute, a table is required providing the split of the total funding over the various research groups, for each of the years 1999-2004.
Table 5 is in % only.
6. (SEP: Table 5) For each research group, a table is required providing funding (divided into (in Dutch) eerste, tweede en derde geldstroom, and other), for each of the years 1999-20040.
Table 6 is to be provided in % only.
0The Self-evaluation document will need to be completed in October 2004; full financial and personnel data for 2004 will not be available at that time. This problem will be solved
a) by using budget estimates for the year 2004 for the financial data,
b) by limiting the list of personnel to the 1 September 2004 cut-off date, and
c) by extrapolating the research capacity for 2004 (by multiplying the capacity from 1 January 2004 to 1 September 2004 by 1.5).
Data for the years 1996-1998 will not be reported as the Research Groups system was introduced in 1997-1998. Furthermore, the bookkeeping system of the faculty was changed in 1998.
1This category is not present in the SEP.
2In FSE’s Tenure-track system, there is room for discussion whether a tenure-tracker is initially tenured or not. Because a tenure-tracker is considered an assistant professor, the definitions above include him/her in the groups Tenured staff. [Discussed with Cerine Streefland, 22-07-2004 .]
3According to the SEP, these reports are to be in f.t.e. No indication of the fraction of this capacity available for research is given. In our Self-evaluation document, we will include a remark that the f.t.e. given reflect the 'normative' research capacity. Also, the 'normative' fraction used will be given for the various function categories:
tenured staff (full professor, associate professor, assistant professor and other tenured staff): 40%; non-tenured staff: 90%;
PhD student: 75%;
bursary student: 85%.
Research capacity for the scientific directors of research institutes and centres, and for members of the Faculty Board, will be 20%.
[Discussed with Cerien Streefland, 22-07-2004; modified in consultation with Reinhard Morgenstern and Jules van Rooij, 25-08-2004; finally decided by the Faculty Board, 26-08-2004. ]
These fractions differ from those used in the KUOZ-reports provided by FSE. [Discussed with Jan de Boer, 13-08-2004.]
|Laatst gewijzigd:||01 februari 2017 15:43|