Sustainable Operations and Supply Chains
What is sustainability?
There is a large community of researchers that has entered the field of sustainability. Sustainability seems to be an umbrella for different elements of the triple bottom line including
- green operations,
- closed-loop supply chains,
- environmental operations, and
- socially responsible operations.
What are the issues?
As with many new fields there are numerous questions to be answered for business and research. Typical questions to be discussed are:
- What type of theory on sustainable operations and supply chains needs to be developed?
- Which managerial approaches are employed in practice?
- How can sustainability in operations and supply chains be linked to other disciplines such as product development and human resources?
|Last modified:||03 June 2013 2.34 p.m.|