Useful links for prospective staff
How to find us
The Membrane Enzymology group is located at Nijenborgh 4 / building 16 at the Zernikecampus.
This webpage contains a lot of useful information, about registration with city hall, bank affairs, visa, work permit, housing, health insurance, language courses etc.
Groningen Graduate School of Science (GGSS)
The Groningen Graduate School of Science is part of the Faculty of Science and Engineering of the University of Groningen. Their main purpose is to provide an optimal training environment for all PhD students in the faculty. The GraduateSchool organizes courses in “transferable skills,” coordinates and advertises courses offered by other graduate schools and research schools, provides practical information for PhD students, organises meetings and other networking activities, and provides a forum for discussion.
There are several options to find accommodation in Groningen:
- University Guesthouse: for a short stay
- Housing Office: temporary (furnished) rental houses, in application form please choose as contact person: Mw. Y. van der Weerd
- Facebook : free housing announcements in Groningen (in order to see the announcements a Facebook account is needed)
- City Apartments: temporary rental houses, registration fee € 125
- MVGM Vastgoedmanagement: rental houses, registration fee € 35
- Direct Wonen: rental houses, registration fee € 35
- Maxx Vastgoed: rental houses, registration fee € 10
- Connect International: rental houses, provide complete service, min. price € 600
- Funda: provides overview of real estate houses
General practitioners at Zernike
General practitioner Point Zernike works for students and personnel of RUG and Hanze University.
There are several shops in Groningen which sell bikes for a good price:
- Refidé Fietsen : Blauwborgje 12 (in between Nijenborgh 4 and ACLO sports centre). When leaving Groningen bikes can be returned and sold to Refidé again for half the purchase price (only with original receipt).
- Bewaakte rijwielstalling: Oude Boteringestraat 18 (city centre, next to central library). Bikes are sold twice every month, as of 07:30 a.m.
- Ferwerda Fietsen: Steentilstraat 47 (city centre, near Damsterdiep and Police station).
- Stationsrijwielshop Kuis: Stationsweg 13 (Central Railwaystation).
|Last modified:||29 May 2019 3.02 p.m.|