Facilities and support for PhD Candidates
All PhDs registered by the GSH are also included in the registration-system of the faculty. This automatically grants them the right to:
- a computer account including email and access to digital journals and publications of the University Library
- a library pass with free access to the collections of all university libraries in the Netherlands
- a PhD-student card
They are also entitled to participate in the local GSH-training programme. All registered PhDs are subject to the GSH-Supervision Protocol. Every PhD will receive a compensation of €750 for the printing costs of the PhD-thesis from the University Board. Though both internal and external PhD Candidates who finish their dissertations within four years will qualify for additional grants for printing costs. Read more about the Faculty of Arts grants for printing costs for salaried and bursary PhD candidates and self-funded PhD candidates .
The GSH distinguishes between different categories of PhD-students:
- AiOs: Salaried PhDs who are employees of the Faculty of Arts
- OiO’s: Bursary PhDs: with a fixed PhD-student-stipend from the Faculty of Arts
- PhDs with a non-Dutch stipend
- PhDs without a stipend
Each category has specific rights with regard to facilities and support offered by the GSH. For more information about each PhD category, click on the link to their respective page.
|Last modified:||06 June 2019 2.31 p.m.|