Clinical and Psychosocial Epidemiology
To find out if you're admissible, please consult the entry requirements . Students who are applying for the track Health Systems and Prevention have to indiciate so in Studielink.
Please note that non-EU/EEA applicants are automatically considered for an ATTP scholarship.
Step 1: Enrollment
You can start the enrollment process in Studielink and/or OAS (for international students) here. Students with a Dutch degree should, after applying via Studielink, send an email to cpe umcg.nl for further instructions about the application procedure.
You will need to include the following documents in your application:
- Motivation letter, please mention the following aspects:
- Why do you want to enroll in this programme?
- What makes you the right person for this programme?
- Describe your expectations and future career plans.
- Indicate if you want to apply for a scholarship (non-EU only).
- Curriculum Vitae
- Reference letter from an academic teacher/supervisor
- Official university transcript, which includes a list of all courses taken, the credit hours, the final grade received, an explanation of the grading system used, and an indication of your class rank. This information on study results must also include the grades in courses which you failed.
Proof of English proficiency. In most cases, a language certificate (TOEFL test or equivalence) is necessary. Please check the entry requirements.
The English language requirement is not applicable to Dutch students with a “VWO” diploma and students who:
- Are a native speaker AND have completed a full secondary education in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia;
- Have already completed a fulltime bachelor programme (nominal duration of at least three years) in one of the following countries: USA, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia
- Copy of passport
- Other documents that you think will be useful in furthering your application, such as reports on former research projects.
The admissions office will determine if your educational background meets the requirements to be admitted to the University of Groningen. If you are admissible, your file will be sent to the selection committee. The committee selects students two times a year: after January 15th and after March 1st (non-EU) and May 1st (EU). The committee reviews your application thoroughly and decides if you will be invited to do the entrance exam.
Step 2: Entrance Examination
The entrance exam will be a test of your statistical knowledge. In preparation of this exam, a mock version and several teaching video's will be made available. If you pass the entrance exam, you will be invited for an interview.
Step 3: Interview
The interview takes about 30 minutes, in which you must give a short research presentation (preferably about your Bachelor’s project), which is followed by a discussion. You can also elaborate on your future ambitions and motivate your choice to apply to the CPE programme or HSP track. It is possible to conduct the interview over Skype (so you will not need to travel to Groningen for the interview).
After the selection, the candidates will be judged on the following criteria:
- The candidates' motivation: is the candidate sufficiently motivated to study CPE/HSP specifically?
- The quality of the research done during the candidates' previous studies.
- Can the candidate present research done during their bachelors in a clear way?
- The candidates' English language capabilities
- The candidates score on the exam: is the candidates' knowledge of statistics sufficient?
Candidates who are positively evaluated based on the interview and who pass the statistics exam are admitted to the programme.
After two to three weeks, the selection committee will make a decision about the candidate and inform the admissions office. The admissions office will then let the candidate know if they have been admitted or not with an official letter.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com
|Last modified:||25 February 2021 1.10 p.m.|