GSG aims at fostering an ever increasing flow of international PhD candidates towards the University of Groningen in order to study globalisation-related topics. For this purpose we identified a set of thematic areas where University of Groningen professors are particularly active and are inviting guest researchers.
The provisional list of thematic PhD Hubs is:
- Humanitarian Studies and Conflict;
- Governance for sustainable resource use;
- Good governance and sustainable society;
- Education and Lifelong Learning for Social Inclusion;
- Universal Access to Health Services; and Religion and Conflict.
- In December 2012 and 2013, prof. Joost Herman and Dr. Yongjun Zhao visited the major Educational Fair in Beijing, interviewing over forty candidates; twelve of them have been coached to further develop their research proposal, while at least four of them have been accepted in Groningen for a PhD trajectory and are in the process of applying for a China Scholarship Council fellowship. Dr. Yongjun Zhao coordinates the PhD Hub initiative at GSG.
|Last modified:||30 October 2015 5.35 p.m.|