Group Seminars & Events
Bi-monthly meeting of TRÊS' staff members (Mondays, 14:00, 5172.0580)
Contact the student/postdoc representative Raph for information and for getting issues on the staff agenda
TRÊS organizes a seminar afternoon hosting 4-5 talks from the different PI groups within TRÊS, on the third Wednesday of each month at 13:30 in room 5172.0571. These seminars are the forum for presenting the work of both group members and guest speakers. Group members are expected to attend the seminars and participate in the discussion, and to present their own plans and results at least twice a year. Talks will be scheduled ahead in a Google spreadsheet accessible to all group members. These time slots can be swapped when necessary (e.g. if somebody wants to have an earlier slot for a practice talk), but whenever a speaker on the list is not available, s/he needs to find a substitute. For questions, contact Joke.
- Alfredo Rago (Uni Lund/Uni Southhampton): Can plasticity create irreversible constraints?
- Christoph Netz: Movement strategies and habitat choice in predator-prey coevolution
- Mário Santos Mira: Environmental predictability and the evolution of parental effects
- Sander van Doorn: Unanticipated genetic prerequisites for allochronic diversification in the noctuid moth Spodoptera frugiperda
- Leonel Herrera Alsina: Species selection
- Fransje van Weerden: Modelling foragers' reaction to disturbance - A bottom-up study of sociality
- Felix Geoffroy (Uni Montpelier): Biological markets - Search and matching models
- Ido Pen: Overview of my current projects
- Pratik Gupte: Movement as a link between animal ecology and behaviour
- Kasper Hendriks: My final year as a PhD: What I learned about microsnail community assembly in Bornean microsnails
- Helen Kruize: Molecular evolution of bacterial chemotactic networks in response to ecological divergent selection
- David Ekkers: Adaptive divergence in action: phenotypic specialization and architectual tradeoffs in a two resource environment
- Karen Bisschop: Impact of the spatial and community context on local adaptation: experimental evolution with spider mites
- Apu Ramesh: Migratory syndromes in three-spined sticklebacks
- Andrea Costanzo: Causes of changes in darkness in flocks of starlings
- Franjo Wessing: Reconciling mechanistic and functional perspectives on adaptation
- Kevin Kort: Modelling the human gut microbiome
- Rolf Storms: Predator-prey relationships - Complex patterns of collective escape in starlings under predation
- Pinar Kohlmeier-Güler: Parental temperature effect on offspring fitness
- Richel Bilderbeek: The errors we make in Bayesian phylogenetics today
- Previous presentations
MARM Discussion Group
Weekly meeting of the MARM group (Thursdays, 9:00, 5172.0580)
For information, contact Franjo.
EvoSysBio Discussion Group
Weekly meeting of the Evolutionary Systems Biology group (Thursdays, 11:30, 5173.0519)
For information, contact Sander.
TECE Discussion Group
Monthly meeting of the Theoretical & Evolutionary Community Ecology group (Wednesdays, 10:00, 5172.0571)
For information, contact Rampal.
Once in a while: discussion of a recent book or a set of articles
|Last modified:||20 February 2019 11.44 a.m.|