Instructions for sample handling and submission forms can be downloaded from this site. Instructions are available in PDF. We prefer to have your submission in an Excel (xlt) format. If you cannot handle the Excel form the submission forms are still available in both PDF and DOC format. Please contact our secretary.
The samples forms can be mailed to our secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Samples can be submitted to:
Centre for Isotope Research, Groningen University, Nijenborgh 6, 9747 AG Groningen, the Netherlands.
Please include a hard copy of your project information with your samples.
The forms are necessary for administrative purposes. For 14C dating, the forms are designed for archaeological/geological use following past international conventions, and have an important archive function. For other applications the archaeological/geological questions are not always relevant and can be ignored. Water samples have their own form, both for 14C and stable isotopes.
|Price list (for large orders discount may apply)|
|stable isotopes||isotope||price in Euro|
|water||13 C (DIC)||50|
|inorganic solids||13 C + 18O (calcite, dolomite)||35|
|combustion||13 C + 15N||35|
|bone collagen preparation charge||100|
|organic solids||2 H + 18O pyrolisis||*|
|2 H + 18O||
|13 C, 15N||*|
|radiocarbon: 14C by AMS|
|CO2 in breakseals||14C||250|
|bioC determination (solids & liquids)||14C||250|
|bioC determination (gas)||14C||300|
|pretreatment by customer||14C||*|
|small AMS samples (<0.5 mg C)||14C||*|
1. all prices per sample in euro, excluding 21% VAT
2. * consult with laboratory
3. 14C dating includes 13C and 15N
4. radiometric analysis (3H, conventional 14C) is no longer available
5. non-datable bone: charge of 100 euro for collagen preparation
6. isotopic enrichment is not available as a customer service
7. isotope dilution is available; consult with laboratory
8. minimum order charge: 100 euro
9. for extensive extra preparation work due to contamination surcharges may apply
10. for extensive extra administration work surcharges may apply
|Last modified:||22 March 2018 2.52 p.m.|