3. BCN PhD Retreat 2018
Compulsory twice: once active and once passive participation.
All PhD students will be invited to the retreat. Students who are in the second and fourth year of their project are invited to give a 8-minute presentation of their project, followed by a 7-minute discussion. Everyone is expected to be actively involved in the discussions following the presentations. Several senior staff members will be present to also take part in the discussions. Two senior staff members will provide feedback to the speakers.
All PhD students within BCN.
Click here to register
1 EC for participation
2 EC for participation with a presentation.
1. To practice giving an oral presentation of the research project in a conference format in English.
2. To provide a forum for scientific and social integration.
After this course you should have improved your abilities to
1. make a distinction between what to keep and what to leave out , when presenting your work
2. organise a presentation in such a way that it is easy to follow
3. create presentations that will hold your audience’s attention
4. explain your research to fellow PhD students and senior scientists, both inside and outside your field, in a clear way
5. answer questions about your research in a clear and concise way
6. ask questions about presentations of other researchers
March 8 and 9, 2018
A two-day stay at a conference centre.
Maximum number of participants
Hotel De Oringer Marke
7873 BB, Odoorn
Phone: 0591 - 519 000
|Last modified:||17 May 2018 2.59 p.m.|