Tips and Tricks
Orientation and preparation
- Make a list of interesting countries / universities you want to go to.
- Go to the (online) info session 'Going on Exchange' on 16 November 2020.
- Check IESE for general information and requirements on participating universities and the relevant faculties.
- Check the websites of the partner university you are interested in, websites can be found on IESE.
- Look at the reports written by students who have previously studied abroad as part of an exchange programme. All such reports can be found in IESE. If there are no reports ask the international office.
- Contact the International Office if you have any questions or require advice. Questions sent by e-mail will be dealt with as soon as possible. Student walk-in hours are on Tuesdays and Thursdays (13:00 - 15:00). You may also make an appointment in advance (via e-mail: exchangelaw rug.nl). At the moment our office hours are online, for more info send us an email.
- Become a mentor for a foreign guest student via ESN-Groningen, the organization that takes care of international students in Groningen. If you like the sound of this, please contact ESN-Groningen (the Erasmus Student Network, Groningen).
- Student Information and Administration (SIA)
- Nuffic website: www.nuffic.nl and www.wilweg.nl - everything you need to know about studying abroad, with addresses of all sorts of organizations, funds etc. and useful tips
- Fulbright Center - for help with placements in the United States
- The Erasmus Student Network
- Vakantie-en-reizen - a website of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs with information and travel advice on all countries
- The websites of the various embassies also often have information on the procedure for studying there or obtaining an internship, or may have links to the relevant organizations
- Go abroad.com - a website with general information on studying, internships and other experiences abroad
- www.beursopener.nl - an overview of study grants and funds
- Groningen University Fund (GUF)
- Grotius Academie
- Travelclinic - information on traveling and your health
- Vaccinaties op reis - information on traveling and vaccinations
|Last modified:||22 October 2020 10.15 a.m.|