Coronavirus pandemic information
Updated 31 July 1 p.m.
This page gives the latest information about the implications of the coronavirus for students, staff members, prospective students, and others affiliated with the UG.
Need to know
- 31 July: Update for students: Travelling to the Netherlands, Quarantine and Welcoming events.
- 10 July: Update for staff members: Action plan education and Opening Academic Year. See My University.
- 9 July: Update for students: Start of the Academic Year 2020-2021. See Student Portal.
- 10 June: Infographic restarting physical activities UG (PDF).
Nice to know
- 3 July: At the end of the remarkable academic year 2019-2020 Rector Cisca Wijmenga wishes you a fantastic summer and hopes to see you again after the summer break. #AskourRector
- 26 June: Rector Cisca Wijmenga draws attention to a short survey for UG staff members on the corona period. What are your experiences during the last months, what went right and what could go better, what did we learn en what do we want to keep? #AskourRector
- 16 June: In his latest Journal President Jouke de Vries describes the hybrid university of the future.
Information per target group
- Corona science news UG
- Government of the Netherlands
- Municipal Health Service Fryslân (GGD Fryslân)
- Municipal Health Service Groningen (GGD Groningen)
- National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
- Travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
|Last modified:||04 August 2020 7.14 p.m.|