Coronavirus pandemic information
This page gives the latest information about the implications of the coronavirus for students, staff members, prospective students, and others affiliated with the UG.
Latest information (short version)
The UG has been fully open since 22 March. Organizing and partaking in large-scale events is possible again, as are teaching activities in large groups. Staff members can also return to their offices.
We will, of course, keep a close eye on the situation and prepare for any measures that may have to be taken in the future.
The basic rules mentioned below still apply:
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Stay at home if you have any symptoms, and get tested or do a self-test immediately. You can get self tests from the reception desks. Please read more about this on the Student Portal or My University. Note: do not come to the university if you have any symptoms.
- Ventilate rooms and ensure that there is sufficient fresh air.
- Get vaccinated (initial vaccination, booster shot, or repeat vaccination). Some locations offer vaccinations without an appointment.
More information about COVID-19 and COVID-19 policy is available on the RIVM government website.
More specific information and an overview of the most recent updates can be found below.
Information per target group
Other individuals and groups affiliated with the UG should contact communicatie rug.nl for further information.
Need to know for staff/students
16 December: Coronavirus update 16 December 2021. Read more on My University.
Primary schools closing sooner, emergency daycare for children of key workers
- Corona science news UG
- Municipal Health Service Fryslân (GGD Fryslân)
- Municipal Health Service Groningen (GGD Groningen)
- National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
- Safe in Groningen (Veiligheidsregio Groningen)
- Travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
|Last modified:||18 July 2022 07.46 a.m.|