Coronavirus pandemic information
This page gives the latest information about the implications of the coronavirus for students, staff members, prospective students, and others affiliated with the UG.
Latest information (short version)
Starting 17 January the UG will be partially open again. Our goal is to return to as much on-site education as possible with the start of the next block (3). For the remaining education in block 2, this can be done on-site or online.
For on-site education the following rules apply in the coming period:
- Wearing a medical face mask (type II-R) is mandatory, both when moving through the building and when sitting down.
- The maximum group size is 75 people per room
(see also: information on exams and the Aletta Jacobshal)
- Staff are urged to work at home.
- Academic ceremonies can take place on site with a maximum of 75 people per room.
The ACLO Sports Center will be open again from 16 January.
See also: Can I visit the University? (for government info on covid)
More specific information and an overview of the most recent updates can be found below.
Information per target group
Other individuals and groups affiliated with the UG should contact communicatie rug.nl for further information.
Need to know for staff/students
16 December: Coronavirus update 16 December 2021. Read more on My University.
Primary schools closing sooner, emergency daycare for children of key workers
- Corona science news UG
- Municipal Health Service Fryslân (GGD Fryslân)
- Municipal Health Service Groningen (GGD Groningen)
- National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
- Safe in Groningen (Veiligheidsregio Groningen)
- Travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
|Last modified:||25 January 2022 2.52 p.m.|