Coronavirus pandemic information
|New: Information per target group: Students, Staff members, Prospective students, and Others affiliated with the UG|
Updated 3 June 4 p.m.
This page gives the latest information about the implications of the coronavirus for students, staff members, prospective students, and others affiliated with the UG.
Need to know
- 20 May: Corona update after press conference on 19 May - From 15 June limited space for practical teaching and student mentoring. Read the updates on Student Portal and My University.
- 7 May: Update after press conference of the government: avoid busy places, maintain a 1.5 metre distance from others and work from home. Read more on Student Portal and My University.
- 6 May: Update about our education after 1 September: On Campus, if we can | Online, because we can.
Nice to know
- 3 June: In his latest Journal, President Jouke de Vries states that a social bond between lecturer and student is a necessary precondition for successful online teaching, and that it will be of importance for the implementation of ‘hybrid’ teaching.
- 29 May: At the end of lockdown-week 11 the Rector is looking ahead to Academic year 2020-2021 in her #AskourRector vlog. Whatever the world looks like in September: UG guarantees high-quality online education. Cisca Wijmenga hopes that more and more physical meetings will be possible.
- 26 May: In Jouke's Journal #7, President Jouke de Vries wonders: which political regime has been approaching the coronavirus problem the best: a democratic regime or an autocratic regime? Read Coronavirus and the open society.
- 19 May: In Jouke's Journal #6 President Jouke de Vries shares his thoughts on the challenges for reopening the doors of the University somewhere coming weeks.
- 15 May: Rector Cisca Wijmenga addresses the academic community with her weekly #AskourRector vlog, this time about her invitation to the Minister of Higher Education to pay a digital working visit to the UG. Read also the report on My University.
- 13 May: In Jouke's Journal #5 our President Jouke de Vries introduces the UG Extension School: True Lifelong Development.
- 8 May: Rector Cisca Wijmenga addresses the academic community of the UG with her weekly #AskourRector vlog, this time it's about resilience and support.
Information per target group
- Corona science news UG
- Government of the Netherlands
- Municipal Health Service Fryslân (GGD Fryslân)
- Municipal Health Service Groningen (GGD Groningen)
- National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM)
- Travel advice from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
|Last modified:||03 June 2020 5.02 p.m.|