Building nuisance cannot be prevented, but it can be limited.
Measures that will be taken are:
- No drilling but screwing of piles into the ground
- No drilling of iron plates into the ground but use of natural clay dams
- Creating concrete piles at height (without the need to chop)
- Heavy transport takes place as much as possible before 8 a.m.
- No congestion of trucks on Zernike access roads
- Linking the new building and the existing building only at the last moment
- No nuisance from radios
- Sound monitoring
- Mailbox on construction fence for tips to the builders
- No nuisance during exam week (9 a.m.-10p.m.)
- During lecture weeks nuisance possible until 3 p.m.
During the information meeting (October 2018) these subject are explained.
Design and Construction Team
The project will be realized by BAM Construction and Engineering. An important selection criterion regarding the contractor was clever planning of construction work around examination weeks.
The Design of the project has been made by Onix NL architects from Groningen. This architect also created the design for the current building (from 2009).
|Last modified:||26 July 2021 4.08 p.m.|