The expertise group Theory and History of Psychology studies the relations between Psychology (and related disciplines), the subjects they study, and the society and culture that they are part of. We draw our inspiration from History and Philosophy of Science and from Science and Technology Studies.
Our research is concerned with topics such as:
- psychiatric disease concepts and the increasing prominence of biochemical views of mental illness
- the rules and practices of psychiatric drug testing
- autobiographical memory
- history of neurology
- evolutionary psychology's claim to integrate the biological and social sciences
- social technology
- the use of brain machines and its philosophical implications
- autism, identity and politics
Involved in themes: Human development, health, and well-being across the life span, Interactions between individuals, society, and the environment, Our dynamic drain, Explanation, prevention, and treatment of mental disorders.
|Last modified:||18 October 2018 07.00 a.m.|