The Mechanics Department designs and produces equipment, experimental facilities and instruments from glass, metal, plastics, etc. for the research and teaching groups of the Faculty of Science and Engineering. Equipment is designed and made using the latest machinery – conventional as well as CNC – in cooperation with academic staff, support staff and students.
The Mechanics Department also offers advice on construction, technological possibilities, use of materials, repair, maintenance and purchasing of new equipment.
Know-how is available on the following applications and techniques:
- Conventional machining
- Computer-operated turning and moulding, single pieces as well as small series
- Joining techniques, such as welding, soldering and gluing, used for various materials
- Plastics processing (gluing, welding, bending, polishing)
- Repair, maintenance and calibration of pipettes
- Mechatronics (in cooperation with the Electronics Department)
The Mechanics Department is part of Faculty Technical Support (FTD) and is based in Groningen, Nijenborgh 4 (Faculty of Science and Engineering) and Nijenborgh 7 (Life Sciences).
H.G. van Driel (Harry) (Engineer, Technical Support Unit)
W.W. Marinus (Wout)
F. Luimstra (Frits)
M. Vervoort (Maarten) (Glass-instrument workshop)
W.F.J. Dresme (Willem)
R. van der Tuin (Rudi)
M.C. de Wolf (Marnick)
D.J.M. Tilman (Dirk)
G.F. Roberts (Gordon)
R. van der Velde (Reid)
9747 AG Groningen
tel. +31 (0)50 3634910 / 34912 / 34725
tel. +31(0)50 3632035 / 32198
|Last modified:||30 August 2019 10.52 a.m.|