GMAT or GRE requirement for applicants with a non-Dutch Bachelor's degree
In order to apply for an Economics or Business related Master programme of the Faculty of Economics and Business, as proof of analytical writing and quantitative reasoning abilities, you must submit a satisfactory Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score or Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) General Test result. A (minimum) GMAT or GRE test score is required from all candidates who obtained a bachelor from a university in a non-EU/EEA country.*
*This does not apply to the Research Master in Economics and Business. All applicants with a non-Dutch diploma need to have a GMAT/GRE. Read more about the GMAT/GRE requirements for the Research Master.
- GMAT score of 600 points or higher: you will be considered for direct admission in our Business oriented MSc programmes, provided you meet all previous requirements.
- GMAT score of 500 points or higher: the final decision will be taken by the Board of Admissions, taking into consideration the research orientation of your previous university as well as the content of your undergraduate programme.
- GMAT website: you are required to indicate the Faculty of Economics and Business of the University of Groningen and the programme you are applying for on the test form while taking the GMAT.
- You need a positive GRE-exam result.
- GRE website: the designated institution code for GRE is 7191, University of Groningen Faculty of Economics and Business.
Be aware that GMAT and GRE scores are only valid for five years. Please keep in mind that the Faculty of Economics and Business Admissions Office will only evaluate applications for these programmes after receipt of the GMAT or GRE test results.
- Students with a relevant European Scientific Bachelor's degree comparable according to the Bologna agreement with a Dutch BSc in Economics / Business are exempt from GRE and GMAT.
- Students with a relevant Bachelor's degree from our partner universities are exempt from GRE and GMAT.
For an overview of the exempted Bachelor degrees or a list of our exchange partners check here. Please make sure to add the ground of exemption in your online application in OAS.
|Last modified:||01 March 2021 11.18 a.m.|