Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
- These Terms and Conditions for University of Groningen Summer Schools (‘Terms and Conditions’) apply to all Summer Schools held by the University of Groningen (‘Summer School’).
- By applying for a Summer School (see also provisions 3 to 5 of these Terms and Conditions), applicants accept that these Terms and Conditions apply.
- Application is only possible through the websites of the individual Summer Schools. After the application deadline, a selection committee will select the participants. Successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible of their conditional admission and will receive payment instructions. Registration is not final until payment has been received and the applicant has received official notification. For further payment conditions, see provisions 11 and 12 of these Terms and Conditions.
- Applicants may not invoke the provisions of these Terms and Conditions unless their registration is final.
- Registration closes on the date indicated on the website for each course. Deviations from these regulations are possible if there are still places available for the course; this is at the discretion of the Summer School in question.
Placement and admission
- Applicants will be admitted to the Summer School only if they fulfil the minimum admission requirements. In the event that the number of successful applications exceeds the number of available places, participants will be selected by the Summer School in question. If this is the case, participants will be informed.
Cancellation by the Summer Schools
- Each Summer School reserves the right, for its own reasons, to cancel the course. This may be the case if there are insufficient suitable applicants, for example.
- In the event of circumstances within the meaning of provision 7 of these Terms and Conditions, participants will be notified promptly in writing. Their registration will be cancelled and no charge will be made.
- If registration/placement is not possible because the applicant does not fulfil the participation requirements for the Summer School, their registration will be cancelled and no charge will be made.
Cancellation by participants
- Participants are entitled to cancel their participation from the Summer School before the start of the course or to withdraw during the course. In such cases, the participant will be liable to pay costs as follows, unless specified otherwise in writing:
- Participants who cancel more than 4 weeks before the start of the course are liable to pay 15% of the full course fee, unless the Summer School in question decides otherwise.
- Participants who cancel within 4 weeks before the start of the course are liable to pay the full course fee, unless the Summer School in question decides otherwise.
- Participants who withdraw during the course are liable to pay the full course fee, unless the Summer School in question decides otherwise.
Terms of payment
- The Summer School must receive the course fee no later than two weeks after the participant has received notification of conditional admission. The payment options are set out in the provisional acceptance letter.
- If the course fee is not paid on time, the Summer School is authorized to exclude the participant from the course until the payment is made, within a reasonable period of time.
If a participant indicates that they would like to have accommodation arranged for them, the following rules apply:
- The Summer School must receive the accommodation fee no later than two weeks after the participant has been notified of conditional admission. The payment options are set out in the provisional acceptance letter.
- Participants who wish to cancel their accommodation booking must inform the Summer School in writing.
For Summer Schools taking place in July: participants who cancel after 15 June 2020 are liable to pay the full amount.
For Summer Schools taking place in August: participants who cancel after 15 July 2020 are liable to pay the full amount.
Code of conduct
Our Summer Schools are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Summer School participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the Summer Scchool without a refund at the discretion of the organisers.
Protection of Personal Data
- The Regulations for the Protection of Personal Data apply to all Summer Schools, and can be found here.
- These Terms and Conditions were drawn up with the greatest possible care. However, the University of Groningen cannot guarantee that the content, in particular the information and data, is free of errors and omissions in all respects. The University of Groningen accepts no responsibility or liability for damage/losses that result from such errors/omissions.
- Provision 16 also applies to all information relating to the Summer Schools that is published on the University of Groningen website.
- The University of Groningen reserves the right to amend or make additions to these Terms and Conditions. The University of Groningen will communicate amendments/additions through the appropriate channels.
|Last modified:||12 March 2020 8.11 p.m.|