You will receive the University card once. The card remains valid throughout your entire study career. Your University card will expire when you deregister. If you have a Dutch address, the card will be sent to that address. If there is no Dutch address registered in our system, your card will be send to the Central Student Administration. You will receive an email when you can pick up your card.
The University card can be used
- at the tea and coffee machines
- at the printers and photocopiers
- to borrow books from the University Library
- to access the University Library
- as proof of identity when you register for and sit exams
- to use the facilities of the Sports Centre if the card is 'geACLOtiveerd'.
Lost and theft
If you lose your University card or if it is stolen:
- block your University card
- apply for a new University card. A € 15 fee will be charged for this. You can also do this at the Central Student Administration.
Please note that once your University Card has been blocked, the card can not be unblocked. You must request a new University card.
Your University card will include a photo. You must upload this photo yourself. Please upload your photo via:
the app 'Enrollment and photo' under RUG tools on Student Portal (log in with your S-number and password).
Go for more information about your University account to FAQ When will I get my University account?
For more information see manual How to upload your photo for your student card.
Deposit money on your University Card
You can deposit money on your University Card via myPrint. It is not possible to get a refund of the money you deposit on your University Card.
Access to University Library
In the exam period you can only enter the library by presenting your active University card at the entrance gates.
Your University card does not work if:
- your account is blocked, for example because you have not paid the tuition.
- you are not enrolled at the University of Groningen.
In the above situations, you may not use the university's facilities, including the University Library.
Ben je een Nederlandse studiekiezer? Ga dan naar onze pagina's voor Nederlandse studenten.
|Last modified:||11 March 2019 11.37 a.m.|