Register in Studielink
Studielink is the online application and registration service for universities in the Netherlands. When creating an account, your personal data will be verified.
Important note: We have noticed that in some cases Microsoft email accounts are blocked from receiving emails from the University of Groningen. Therefore, we highly recommend registering an email address that is not related to Microsoft (please note that this includes providers such as hotmail, outlook, msn and live).
Go to Studielink
and create a Studielink account (if you have not already done
- If you already have a Studielink account, please use your existing account and do not create a new one. This means that you will have the same student number for all your applications.
- You can have up to 4 active applications in your Studielink account (including a maximum of 2 programmes with a fixed quota). Nationwide you can only apply for one Bachelor's programme in Medicine or Dentistry (Dutch taught).
will receive an email with an activation link to complete your
registration at Studielink. Make
sure to check your spam folder for this email as well.
in with your new account with your email address and password you
chose during your registration.
- Fill out details about your previous education.
- Select the programme you wish to apply to.
- Submit the application by clicking the 'confirm' button.
If you need help during this step, please consult the instruction manuals for Studielink.
Create your account on time
In order to register for your degree programme in time, you must create your Studielink account well in advance of the application deadline of your chosen degree programme. The application deadline can be found on the degree programme page.