Content of the Bachelor's Honours Programme
In the Honours Programme you will not only study your own discipline in greater depth but you will also learn to apply your knowledge to interdisciplinary issues and problems. It is an extra programma of 45 ECTS, alongside your regular Bachelor's degree programme.
- The programme starts in the second semester of year 1 of your Bachelor’s degree programme.
- The programme continues until the end of the second semester of year 3 of your Bachelor’s degree programme. Teaching mainly takes place in the late afternoon and evenings and on Friday afternoons.
- In essential, the Honours Programme consists of a faculty component (deepening part, 25 ECTS) and the Petrus Camper Track (broadening part, 20 ECTS).
- Next to the interdisciplinary programs, in each faculty composed of a deepening and broadening part, the Honours College also offers a Honours Programme in Philosophy.
Petrus Camper Track
In order to be able to make a contribution in terms of resolving scientific and social issues and themes, you will need more than a thorough knowledge of your own subject area. In the broadening component (20 ECTS), you learn to look beyond your own discipline. In the Petrus Camper Track (Petrus Camper Leergang; PCL), Honours students learn how to approach a problem relevant to science or society from different perspectives and develop their own approach to it, with vision and an eye to the future. At the same time, you develop a range of skills, and attention is paid to your personal development. All Honours students take part in a Summer School or Winter School.
- The core of every course unit is a current, socially relevant theme within the discipline concerned.
- You will follow two course units that are not related to your degree programme (e.g. crime, safety and security; managing the environment, or research into sustainable markets).
- The topical theme forms the basis for introducing the basic concepts and research methods of the relevant discipline.
- The current broadening course units for the Bachelor’s Honours Programme can be found in Ocasys .
You will follow the deepening component of 25 ECTS of the Honours Programme within your own faculty. Ten faculties of the University of Groningen have each drawn up their own programmes for this component, in accordance with the requirements of the Honours College. The programme for your faculty can be found in Ocasys, under ‘Honours College’.
- The maximum number of students per group is 25
- You faculty holds the lectures, which focus on recent developments in your area of research
- You will receive extra training in conducting research
- You will have close contact with prominent scholars
- Coaching and your personal development are an important part of the programme
Faculty of Economics and Business also offers another faculty part.
|Last modified:||29 April 2019 11.20 a.m.|