King's Day 2019
|Date:||26 April 2019|
Tomorrow it’s King's Day! Probably one of the best (birthday) parties in the Netherlands. Make sure you are prepared to celebrate it like a Dutchie with our list of traditions.
- First of all, King's Day starts with King's Night, the evening and night prior to King's Day. You don’t want to miss this. Party people everywhere! No idea where to go tonight? Here are some ideas:
2. An orange outfit is everything – the crazier, the better.
3. Paint Dutch flags on your face and orange nail polish on your nails. Are you a real daredevil? Spray orange glitter in your hair.
4. Birthday parties come with snacks, so prepare for lots and lots of ‘oranje tompoucen’ and bitterballen (because that’s always a good idea)
5. Cheers to the king with oranjebitter!
6. Visit one of the many cozy flea markets, the perfect opportunity for treasure hunting ór sell your own stuff! (don't forget to reserve your spot in advance with sidewalk chalk)
7. Now that you’re at the flea market, play the best funny games like spijkerpoepen, egg-throwing, koekhappen or zaklopen.
8. Explain tourists who have no idea why everything is colored orange what’s going on.
9. Rent a boat and watch the party from the canals (but maybe keep an eye on the Dutch weather this year)