Institutional vision on internationalisation
Here you will find the institutional vision of the UG on internationalization. This vision is used by the faculties to formulate their faculty vision on internationalization. This vision serves as a guide for the implementation of the International Classroom.
February 2015: Institutional vision UG on internationalization
Overall mission UG
The University of Groningen offers research-driven education in a wide range of disciplines. We generate and share knowledge, contributing to the innovative development of society and to “grand societal challenges”, while preparing students for a life and career in a globalized world.
Building on our traditional foundations, we highly value our cross-disciplinary and entrepreneurial character, producing work that contributes to international developments. We work in a context of academic excellence, autonomous thinking and integrity, and embrace diversity.
Vision on internationalisation
- UG strives to be a truly international university and a major global player. This is reflected in:
- an inclusive environment with equal rights and access for all staff and students
- an international perspective throughout research disciplines and degree programmes
- an international perspective at the institutional level, reflected in all policies and regulations
- a continuous development process for staff and students (life-long learning)
- engagement with society in local, regional, national and international contexts.
This is accomplished by:
- attracting a diverse and talented staff and student population in terms of background, culture, gender, age, and education
- including international and intercultural competences in learning outcomes
- encouraging international mobility for staff and students
- cooperating with international partners worldwide in international networks and projects ·building an organization/environment in line with recognized international standards
- using the diversity of staff and students as a resource.
|Last modified:||01 March 2018 1.44 p.m.|