Erasmus+ Staff Week 2018: 9-13 April
The Staff week of the University of Groningen will focus on 2 themes:
1 Internationalization at Home.
Different aspects of Internationalization at home will be highlighted. Our experts in the field will present what is being done at the University of Groningen and we will exchange experiences and ideas
Topics will be:
The International Classroom
The International Classroom This university-wide project started in 2013 and is now getting into its challenging next phase of institutional implementation. Franka van den Hende, Academic Expert and Researcher in Internationalization of Education, will tell you about the objectives, approach, outcomes and resources of this project, while Kirsten Wolkotte will tell you more about a good practice at the Faculty of Law.
Generalizing from the Groningen experience, this session will discuss: what is an international classroom, (why) do we need an international classroom, how do we develop and implement an international classroom, who do we need to involve, what are our blockers and enablers. The session will be highly interactive, with ample time for discussion and allowing you take home new insights and action points for your home institution.
For further information about the UG project: www.rug.nl/internationalclassroom
Welcoming international Staff: HR Onboarding & Best Practices
HR Onboarding is about a Warm Welcome & Soft Landing of new international staff. The presentations will focus on the following subjects:
1. the steps that UG has taken in order to facilitate paperwork and all the necessary formalities before and upon arrival in Groningen. An important factor has been the close collaboration between HR, Immigration Services and the International Welcome Centre North. The welcoming of new internationals is being managed from a central level.
2. UG has launched a Dual Career Programme for (international) spouses. An outline of the programme will be given and some partners will talk about their personal experiences as participants in this programme.
3. The Faculty of Economics and Business has conducted a survey among their international newcomers. Some of the results of the survey will be presented as well as how the outcome has triggered soft landing initiatives on a decentralised level.
- Student Associations – inclusion of international students
- Language and Culture policies
2: Sustainability and The Green University
How ‘Green’ is your university?
The University of Groningen is listed #11 in the Green Metric Ranking; a list of the ‘greenest’ universities worldwide. Through various activities and projects, the UG becomes increasingly more sustainable.
In this staff week we would like to share best practices regarding sustainability which each other, so that all of us can work towards a more sustainable world.
The week will consist of lectures by professionals and scientists who are highly specialized in their field. There will be plenty of time for discussing, brainstorming and sharing ideas.
The topics will be sustainability in all aspects of the university, ranging from sustainable behavior of students and staff, to realizing a large solar field on university grounds, programme management, communications and marketing, and everything in between.
We welcome you in our beautiful city and invite you to meet our students and staff.
A participation fee of € 175 will be charged
We are open for registration till February 15. You may register your interest through our online form .
The number of participants is limited to 50, with a maximum of 2 attendees per institution. Selection results will be announced shortly after the application has closed
|Laatst gewijzigd:||19 januari 2018 14:24|