Mentor Programme speed date event
|When:||Th 28-09-2023 15:00 - 17:00|
|Where:||Energy Academy Building, Nijenborgh 6, Zernike Campus|
Are you interested in being coached by a senior colleague? Do you wish to learn from the experience of others on topics such as life-work balance, career path, stress management, or many other topics? » Then join the YoungRUG Mentor Programme as a mentee! «
Or do you want to share the knowledge and experience that you have gathered during the past years with others? Do you want to get to know your colleagues better and guide them? » Then mentorship is just the thing for you! «
In 2019, the University of Groningen (UG) mentor programme for professional staff was set up by YoungRUG in cooperation with HR. The first four editions proved to be very successful and in September 2023 the fifth edition will take place.
Mentor-mentee couples follow an inspirational journey of professional development. A mentor (senior colleague, can be in every sense of the name) provides advice based on own personal experience and expertise. As a junior colleague (who is new to the job market or new to the UG), you can learn a lot from a mentor and get inspired for your career!
Become a mentee
|1. Sign up||
If you want to be a mentee, make sure to sign up before 1 July and fill out the preferences that you have for topics to discuss with your mentor.
|2. Speeddate event||
It might seem ages ago that you signed up for the mentor programme but in the meantime we have done our best to find three potential mentor-matches who you will meet during our speed date event in September. To find the perfect match for you, we will arrange three speeddate sessions of about 10 minutes. At the end of the event you will provide us with your top 3 potential mentors. We will inform you about your perfect match the week after.
If you wish to become a mentee, you have to be available for the speeddate event on 28 September 2023 in the afternoon.
When? 28 September 2023, 3 - 5 p.m.
|3. Your own journey||
After the most successful match is made, you and your mentor make appointments to meet each other yourselves.
When? About 5 meetings between October 2023 and March 2024
Become a mentor
As a mentor, you discuss the challenges experienced by your mentee during his/her/their career and you give advice based on personal experience. The mentor is always a colleague from a different department, who is at least one step further in his/her/their career.
This is what we expect from you:
- A minimum of five years of working experience within the UG
- You want to share your own experiences and ideas with others
- Your presence at the speed date event on the afternoon of 28 September from 3 - 5 p.m.
- Your time for about five meetings with your mentee between October 2023 until March 2024
- You and your mentee decide together, based on both your needs, what topics you want to discuss
- We do not do 'interviews', but we do ask you to fill in a short form when you register
This is what we offer you:
- A workshop introducing you to what the role of being a mentor entails.
- A speed date event with your potential mentees on 28 September 2023.
- One mentee with whom you will be going through this process, from October 2023 until March 2024
- The possibility to share your experiences with other mentors during 1 or 2 intervision sessions. These sessions will be facilitated by an experienced coach.
Do you want to know more or do you have questions? Please contact YoungRUG at email@example.com.
Do you want to be a mentor? Please register before 1 July 2023!