Lecturers who have demonstrated significant involvement with their teaching and their students, have provided excellent teaching and/or have shown extraordinary commitment to curriculum development and educational innovation can be nominated for the Lecturer of the Year Award.
A Lecturer of the Year must satisfy the following criteria with regard to students, teaching and testing. Internationalization and the interwovenness of teaching and research also play a role in this respect.
- are inspired and involved in the field and the degree programme
- are encouraged to think about and apply the subject material in assignments and research
- are supervised enthusiastically and effectively during course units, placements and research training
- challenges, stimulates students’ curiosity, activates, is student-oriented and interactive
- is designed in an effective and stimulating way, well organized and has a clear position within the degree programme and the field
- fits within the historical, philosophical and ethical context
- dovetail with the learning outcomes and modes of instruction in terms of content, form and assessment
- are transparent, for example by using clear assessment criteria and mock exams
- are marked in good time, and the results are accompanied by clear feedback
The Lecturer of the Year must:
- learn from his/her students and actively use their feedback to adapt his/her teaching
- be a subject expert, not afraid to experiment and contribute to educational innovation
- contribute to realizing the aims of the degree programme, faculty and University.
|Last modified:||25 January 2021 10.57 a.m.|