YAG ECR Lunch: Inclusion in academia
|When:||We 09-10-2019 12:00 - 14:00|
|Where:||Glass Hall, Van Swinderen Huys, Oude Boteringestraat 19, Groningen|
While there is a general consensus that it is good to have a diverse workplace, especially in academia, whether that diversity is actually achieved is a different matter. In this ECR lunch, we want to jointly find answers to the question of what is needed to develop a more inclusive workplace.
- What is needed in terms of how we communicate?
- How can we ensure a diverse representation in our hiring practices?
- How can we organize our work to make it more inclusive?
- How can we make the criteria on which we are evaluated as scientists be more inclusive?
The objective of the lunch is to map out the challenges for diversity in our university, but also to empower ourselves to create a more diverse culture in our own faculty and institute. Moreover, we will present the outcomes of the lunch to the Diversity officers and the University Board so they will be able to incorporate those in their policy making.
- Susanne Tauber (assistant professor in the Faculty of Economics & Business) will provide scientific insights into how to create an inclusive organization)
- Jasper Knoester (diversity officer and dean faculty of science & engineering) will explain what he does as diversity officer
- Petra Rudolf (professor in the Faculty of Science of Engineering) will discuss experiences with lack of inclusion and possible solutions to these problems
- Ella Sebamalai (advisor internationalisation) will discuss what policies on diversity and inclusion need improvement and why
Participation in this event is free and lunch is included, but registration is required. Please register below!