Partner Universities and contacts
The UMCG has several agreements and contacts with universities from outside of Europe. If your university is on the list, please contact your international officer. Sometimes there is an agreement, sometimes it's a matter of more unofficial contacts.
A s a student coming from one of our Partner Universities (so the ones with whom we have an agreement), you cannot apply as a freemover. You must be selected and introduced to us by the contact person at your faculty.
If you are a student from one of our partner universities the International Liaison Officer of your faculty can contact the International Office of the UMCG in order to arrange for an internship or a researchproject.
Language requirements for students from Partner universities
Candidates whose native language is not English must provide adequate evidence of proficiency in English. We accept the following tests/ documents:
- computer TOEFL: score of at least 237, all sections sufficient (so at least 21 on each section), and a TWE of at least 4.5; or,
- paper TOEFL:score of at least 580, all sections sufficient (so at least 55 on each section), and a TWE of at least 4.5; or,
- internet TOEFL: score of at least 92, all sections sufficient (so at least 21 on each section); or,
- IELTS Academic (British Council’s English Language Test), original only: score of at least 6.5, all sections sufficient (so at least 6.0 on each section); or,
- CPE, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English; or,
- CAE, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English.
Only those whose native language is English are exempted from evidence of proficiency in English.
Unfortunately we cannot any guarantee that we will be able to arrange the clerkship, even if you are from one of our partner universities or when you have been selected for an Erasmus scholarship. It all depends on the available capacity in the UMCG and for each individual request we will have to contact the department(s) of your preference. In some cases we might offer you a clerkship in a department that was not amongst the options you gave us. Further, bear in mind that some departments might have their own specific demands regarding language or motivation, f.e. the Surgery department demands that you have done a Dutch language course before your arrival.
|Last modified:||12 June 2019 4.08 p.m.|