dr. X. Tong
- Position: Tenure-track Assistant Professor (2017-now) in the Department of Operations, University of Groningen. Fellow of SOM (research school of FEB).
- PhD degree in Operations Management (2013-2017): The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (supervisor: Professor T.C.E. Cheng).
- Visiting scholar (May-Dec, 2016): Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota, U.S.
- Full-time research associate (Feb-Aug, 2013): Institute of Logistics Innovation and Networking, Busan, South Korea.
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering (2009-2013, Global Korea Scholarship recipient): First-class honor and Cum laude, (ranked #1 out of 41 graduates): College of Engineering, Pusan National University, South Korea
- Bachelor of Global Studies, a second Bachelor's degree (2010-2013): College of Economics and Business, Pusan National University, South Korea.
- Research interests: Sustainable supply chain management; supply chain strategy; multi-tier supply chain management; econometric analysis; simulation study; organizational theory.
- Publication (journal list, AIP= Article Influence Performance, transformed to a percentile, a higher value indicates better journal performance under this metric ): Journal of Operations Management (AIP=95%), Decision Sciences Journal (AIP = 77%), International Journal of Production Economics (AIP =71%), Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review (AIP = 85%), International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, and The International Journal of Industrial Engineering: Theory, Applications and Practice.
- Reviewer for journals: Editorial Review Board member of Journal of Operations Management, ad hoc reviewer for International Journal of Production Economics, Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics: Systems, International Journal of Production Research, International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, International Transactions in Operational Research, and Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, to name a few.
- Guest editor of Special issues: 1) Sustainability in Supply Chains with Behavioral Concerns (Sustainability Switzerland); 2) Emerging Technologies in E-Commerce Operations and Supply Chain Management (Electronic Commerce Research and Applications).
- Master thesis supervision: MSc in Supply Chain Management
- Award: Best Paper Finalist, OSCM Division, 79th Annual Meeting of Academy of Management (AOM)– Boston, MI, USA (2019).
|Last modified:||08 December 2020 10.46 a.m.|