drs. M.E. Helmantel
My name is Mark Helmantel and I am 48 years old. I have two kids and I am living in Groningen. I studied Finance at the University Groningen, from 1989 until 1995. Then I became an Assistant Professor at our Faculty of Economics. Currently I work here part-time primarily focused on teaching, e.g. Corporate Finance, Corporate Governance, and Derivative Instruments.
The other days, I work at PwC in Amsterdam. I joined their Valuations group (Advisory), in January 2007. First, I was hired to train (junior) consultants on Corporate Valuation and extend their academic thinking. As my specialty and interests lie in derivatives, I also took on specific projects dealing with option like structures. Later, I transferred to the Financial Instruments team where I now work as a Senior Manager.
- 2007 – now: Consultant with PwC (Assurance, first Advisory); specialized in valuation of financial instruments & derivative structures
- 2007 – now: Academic Lecturer at Faculty of Economics & Business (RuG); for Derivatives, Corporate Governance, & Corporate Finance
- 2004 + 2005: Research Consultant with Volte Accountants & Tax Advisors; for Gasunie (projects on liberalization of energy markets)
- 1999 – 2006: Assistant Professor of (Corporate) Finance at Department of Finance & Accounting, Faculty of Economics (RuG)
- 1997 – 1998: Ph.D. Candidate at Department of Finance & Accounting, Faculty of Economics (RuG)
- 1995 – 1996: Assistant Professor of (Corporate) Finance at Department of Finance & Accounting, Faculty of Economics (RuG)
- 1992 – 1995: Teaching Assistant & Research Assistant at Department of Finance & Accounting, Faculty of Economics (RuG)
- 1999 (July): Visiting Faculty of Management at Tel-Aviv University
- 1999 (Fall): Visiting Scholar at Finance Department, Stern School of Business, New York University (NYU)
- 1989 – 1995: Master in Business Economics, University of Groningen (RuG); graduated with honors (cum laude)
|Last modified:||13 April 2020 9.48 p.m.|