A. de Jong, Prof Dr
- 2016 - now: Professor of Finance, Department of Banking and Finance, Monash University (visiting 2016-2017, part-time 2017-2018)
- 2021 - now: Professor of Corporate Finance, Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance, University of Groningen (part-time)
- 2011 - now: Research Associate, European Corporate Governance Institute
- 2006 - 2021: Professor of Corporate Finance and Corporate Governance, Department of Finance, RSM Erasmus University (from 2018 part-time)
- 2009 - 2018: Professor of Financial Accounting, Department of Accounting, University of Groningen (part-time)
- 2002 - 2005: Associate Professor, Department Financial Management, RSM Erasmus University
- 2001 - 2002: Assistant Professor, Department Financial Management, RSM Erasmus University
- 1999 - 2000: Visiting Researcher, Department of Finance, Florida State University
- 1998 - 2001: Assistant Professor, Department of Finance, Tilburg University
- 1999: PhD in Economics, Tilburg University (advisors Chris Veld and Piet Moerland)
- 1994: Master degree (MSc, doctorandus) in Business Administration, with specialization in Finance, Tilburg University (with honors)
- 1992: Bachelor degree in Business Administration and Information Technology (HEAO), Ichthus Hogeschool Rotterdam
- Anantavrasilp, Sereeparp, Abe de Jong, Doug DeJong and Uli Hege, 2020, ‘Blockholder leverage and payout policy: Evidence from French holding companies’, Journal of Business Finance and Accounting 47, 253-292.
- Rajamani, Anjana, Marieke van der Poel, Abe de Jong and Steven Ongena, 2017, ‘The international diversification of banks and the value of their cross-border M&A advice’, Management Science 63, 2211-2232.
- Colvin, Chris, Philip Fliers and Abe de Jong, 2015, ‘Predicting the past: Understanding the causes of bank distress in the Netherlands in the 1920s’, Explorations in Economic History 55, 97-121.
- Gelderblom, Oscar, Abe de Jong and Joost Jonker, 2013, ‘The formative years of the modern corporation: The Dutch East India Company, 1602-1623’, Journal of Economic History 74, 1050-1076.
- De Jong, Abe, Marie Dutordoir and Patrick Verwijmeren, 2011, ‘Why do convertible issuers simultaneously repurchase stock? An arbitrage-based explanation’, Journal of Financial Economics 100, 113-129.
- Empirical corporate finance (PhD, Tilburg University, 2001-2004; NAKE, 2003; Erasmus University, 2006-2008, 2012)
- Corporate finance (MSc, Erasmus University, 2005, 2006, 2017)
- History of capitalism (BSc, Erasmus University, 2012, 2013, 2015)
- Financial analysis and valuation (MBA, Erasmus University, 2012, 2013)
- Behavioral corporate finance (MSc, Erasmus University, 2015, 2016)
- Corporate finance (Executive MBA, Monash University, 2019-2020)
|Last modified:||15 October 2021 12.42 a.m.|