A. Tsampi, PhD
Dr. Aikaterini S. Tsampi is currently an Assistant Professor of Public International Law at the University of Groningen. She was awarded, in 2017, a PhD in Human Rights from the University of Strasbourg - Institut de Recherches Carré de Malberg, France (PhD thesis under the supervision of Prof. P. Wachsmann). She has undertaken LLM studies in Human Rights and Humanitarian Law at the University of Paris II/Panthéon-Assas, France (LLM thesis under the supervision of Prof. J.F. Flauss) and in Specialised Public Law at the University of Bordeaux IV, France and University of Athens, Greece (LLM thesis under the supervision of Prof. O. Dubos and Prof. D. Szymczak). She holds an LLB from the Faculty of Law of the University of Athens. A part of her undergraduate studies was undertaken in the University of Strasbourg, France (Notions Fondamentales de Droit International, Européen et Comparé).
From 2013 until 2017, Dr. Tsampi had been employed as a Legal Officer at the Greek National Commission for Human Rights (GNCHR), publishing thus, various reports and studies pertaining to human rights law and collaborating with international organizations and national human rights stakeholders. In her capacity as an independent researcher, she has been involved in different human rights projects and activities (e.g. UN Human Rights Committee). She has been qualified as a trainer by the CoE HELP program and she is a qualified lawyer at the Rhodes Bar Association.
She has received different scholarships (i.e. Ile-de-France, Paris, “Bourse d’excellence”, C. Fanourakis Foundation (CFF), Greece). She speaks Greek (native speaker), English, French and Italian.
Le principe de séparation des pouvoirs dans la jurisprudence de la Cour européenne des droits de l’homme, 2018 [forthcoming].
Thematic Studies, Observations on Draft Laws and Reports before IOs (co-author/co-rapporteur as legal officer at the GNCHR) - Indicative list:
- “Observations submitted by the GNCHR in view of the examination of the 27th Greek Report on the application of the European Social Charter (Articles 3, 11, 12, 13 and 14) and on the 11th Greek Report on the application of the Additional Protocol to the European Social Charter (Article 4)(Reference Period 01/01/2012-31/12/2015)”, January 2017, 38 p.
- “GNCHR Observations on the Draft Law of the Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights on «Providing Legal Assistance to Individuals»”, July 2016, 10 p.
- “GNCHR Observations on the Draft Law of the Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights «Fees and charges of remedies and procedural acts and court fees»”, July 2016, 7 p.
- “The right to social security: main aspects”, 5.5.2016, 29 p. Τhe report is also published in the Review of social security law-Επιθεώρηση Δικαίου Κοινωνικής Ασφάλισης (ΕΔΚΑ), July 2016
- Submission before the UN Human Rights Council (HRC 31), “Article 11 of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities on situations of risk and humanitarian emergencies”, 24.2.2016, A/HRC/31/NI/9.
- Dossier (Report and European case-law guide), “The right to interpretation and translation and the right to information in criminal proceedings in Greece”, 23.11.2015, 101 p.
- “Observations on the Bill of the Ministry of Justice “Civil Union and other provisions””, 3.12.2015, 22 p.
- “NHRI report on Greece’s 2nd periodic report under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)”, September 2015, 33 p.
- “Human rights impact assessment: an instrument for the protection of human rights especially in times of financial crisis” as annexed to the Statement of the Greek National Commission for Human Rights (GNCHR) on the impact of the continuing austerity measures on human rights”, 15.7.2015, 10 p. The report is also published in the Review of Labour Law -Επιθεώρησις Εργατικού Δικαίου (ΕΕργΔ), September 2015, pp. 1089 -1110
- “Observations on the Action Plan for the Rights of the Child”, 15.1.2015, 11 p.
- “GNCHR Observations on the Draft of the Second Periodic Report of the Hellenic Republic for the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR)”, for the LOIs, 28.12.2014, 44 p.
- “Protection of the rights of older persons”, 20.11.2014, 47 p, GNCHR Annual Report 2014, pp. 80 et seq.
- “GNCHR Recommendations on the Draft law on Special Education”, 24 p., GNCHR Annual Report 2014, pp. 52 et seq.
- “Recommendations of the National Commission for Human Rights (NCHR) for Childhood Protection: “Health and Welfare””, 26 p., GNCHR Annual Report 2014, pp. 39 et seq.
- “The right to Water − GNCHR Recommendations for its effective protection”, 21 p., GNCHR Annual Report 2014, pp. 25 et seq.
- “Les statistiques dans la jurisprudence de la Cour européenne des droits de l’homme”, (The Statistics in the Case-law of the European Court of Human Rights), Public Law Applications (in Greek) 3/2009, pp. 802-817
- “La notion d’ "espérance légitime" au sein de l’article 1 du Protocole no 1 de la Convention européenne des droits de l’homme”, in French and Greek – Public Law Applications (in Greek) 2/2008, pp. 600-630
- “The right to interpretation and translation and the right to information in criminal proceedings in the EU”, (FRA, Agence des droits fondamentaux de l'Union européenne, INFOCRIM), Country study-Greece, Centre of European Constitutional Law-Hellenic League for Human Rights, 2015
- Co-author of “Guide for Monitoring and Documenting School Segregation in Greece”, DARE-Net project: Desegregation and Action for Roma in Education-Network (Romani CRISS, FXB Center for Health and Human Rights at Harvard University, ANTIGONE, the European Roma Rights Centre (ERRC), Life Together and Integro Association Bulgaria), 2014
|Last modified:||09 November 2017 6.55 p.m.|