Global Migration, Culture and Place
Objectives for the research theme Global migration, Culture and Place are
- to explore the motives and consequences of migration
- to examine linkages between internal and international migration
- to combine perspectives both from sending and receiving countries
- to gain insights into the role of culture and place in the lives of migrants
- to link migration with other processes such as ageing and health
- Caro, E, Bailey A. and van Wissen, L.J.G. ‘Negotiating between patriarchy and emancipation: Rural to Urban Migrant Women in Albania. Gender , Place and Culture. Forthcoming
- Bailey, A. (2011) 'In search of livelihoods: migration and mobility from Karnataka to Goa'. In : S. Irudaya Rajan (ed.), Migration, Identity and Conflict: India Migration Report 2011, Routledge, India. pp 108-124.
- Bailey, A. (2011) Left at Sea: HIV vulnerability among migrant fishermen in Goa, India. International Maritime Health, 62(2), pages 116-122
- Kõu, A., L.J.G. van Wissen and A. Bailey (2010), Meer dan hersens alleen: De levensloop van hoogopgeleide migranten [More than brains only: The life course of highly skilled migrants ]. Demos 26(1) (Special Issue): 8-10.
- Meijering, L. & D. Lager Home-making of older Antillean immigrants in the Netherlands. Forthcoming
|Last modified:||11 March 2014 2.08 p.m.|