Young Arts Network
The Young Arts Network (YARN) was founded in 2017 to strengthen and promote talented early-career researchers within the University of Groningen Faculty of Arts.
YARN brings together enthusiastic, ambitious and talented junior (early career) scientific staff to:
- stimulate interdisciplinary cooperation (both in education and research);
- promote exchanges of experience and best practices (both in education and research);
- help new colleagues find their way both within the faculty organization and in their careers;
- give early career academic staff a voice in the faculty research and education policy.
The members of YARN undertake, among other things, the following activities:
- co-organizing faculty research meetings;
- providing interdisciplinary peer support in the preparation of research proposals;
- consultation with the Dean and advising the Faculty Board.
On Friday 18 November from 15.00-18.00, we are organising a second edition of the YARN Meetup, which connects researchers with Northern companies and organisations from outside the university.
The topic of this meetup will be Digital Innovation.
The aim is to make connections that can result in small joint research projects, project applications, or activities or products that bring science and society together. To achieve this, researchers from the Faculty and an external partner can apply for a grant of 1,000 E, a so-called HELLO grant.
The location is yet to be determined but will be in the city of Groningen.
|Last modified:||02 November 2022 09.54 a.m.|