9th CRASIS Annual Meeting "Christian Origins and the Mediterranean Landscape"
|When:||Fr 12-03-2021 14:30 - 19:30|
This year’s meeting aims to explore the emergence of those who would be later named as "Christians". We shall examine their similarities and differences to contemporaneous groups, often focusing on evidence from those who are not elite. Prof. Laura Nasrallah will give the keynote lecture on "Glossolalia, Composition, and Voces Magicae: Language’s Limitations and Excess".
Update: there is a new meeting link for 12 March! See below.
Times are CET (EST +6)
- 2.30-2.40 p.m. Welcome on behalf of CRASIS - Lidewijde de Jong (University of Groningen)
Session 1 - chaired by Dr Lidewijde de Jong
- 2.40-3.15 p.m. Barbara Crostini (University College Stockholm)
Should we Call the Post-Resurrection Community ‘Jewstians’?
- 3.15-3.50 p.m. Despina Iosif (Hellenic Open University)
In Deo vivas: The Tombstones of Early Christ-Followers Military Personnel
- 3.50-4.20 Break
Session 2 - chaired by Dr Jeremia Pelgrom
- 4.20-4.55 p.m. Vesna Lalošević and Marina Zgrablić (Association Croate pour l’Étude de la Mosaïque antique and Juraj Dobrila University of Pula)
Christian Responses to the Manifestations of Local and Imperial Power in the Legends of Pannonian and Praevalitan Martyrs: Some Examples
- 4.55-5.30 Susan Dunning (University of Oxford)
Decessit de Saeculo: Christian Rejection of the Imperial ‘New Age’ in Martyrdom Accounts and Funerary Inscriptions
- 5.30-5.45 p.m. Break
Keynote address - chaired by Dr Susanne Luther
- 5.45-5.50 p.m. Welcome on behalf of CRASIS - Susanne Luther (University of Groningen)
- 5.50-6.45 p.m. Laura Nasrallah (Yale University)
Glossolalia, Composition, and Voces Magicae: Language’s Limitations and Excess
- 6.45-7.30 p.m. Concluding session
Registration and ECTS
Due to the online nature of the conference, CRASIS does not require you to register in order to participate, unless you are a student of OIKOS or ARCHON and what to receive 1 ECTS by writing a report on the Annual Meeting. If you want to do so, please register by emailing CRASIS, stating your personal information and affiliation. NB: those also participating in the Master Class will earn 2 ECTS.
New link for 12 March
Zoom link: https://zoom.us/j/93543280822
Meeting ID: 935 4328 0822
You can also take a look at the CRASIS event-page.