IREES provides teaching at all University levels.
MSc Energy and Environmental Sciences
What are the causes of the various large scale global environmental issues like climate change? Can we identify options to solve these issues? Are options different in different countries?
The global challenges with respect to environment and sustainability are huge and can only be addressed in an interdisciplinary approach. Since it is impossible to address all these issues equally in a Master degree program, specialization is essential. The Energy and Environmental Sciences (EES) programme specializes in energy and is treating it from a natural science perspective. However, it trains the students that the natural sciences/technical approach to and solution of problems is only a part of the story and collaboration with other scientific disciplines is vital.
Science, Business & Policy
Nearly every student in his or her second Bachelor’s year comes into contact with the course Science, Ethics, Technology and Society. Some of them move on to the minor People, Planet, Profit of 30 ECTS in their third year. The Science and Society Education team has the following objectives in its teaching in the Bachelor’s phase:
- Reflection on the sciences, including methodology and ethics;
- an understanding of the interactions between the sciences and society;
- a coordinating role in training academic skills such as argumentation and working in projects.
Master’s phase teaching builds on Bachelor’s phase teaching. The lectures of provides the master track Science+ Business & Policy for all Master’s degree programmes of the Faculty of Science and Engineering. This track of one year focuses on training students to become Science Advisors and aims to teach:
- the ability to combine knowledge and understanding of one’s own discipline with knowledge and understanding of policy -based and business processes ;
- the ability to give convincing, balanced and sound advice to companies, NGOs and governments.
|Last modified:||13 October 2020 11.59 a.m.|