- Latest research paper by Dieu Linh Hoang et al. "The impact of biogas production on the organic carbon input to the soil of Dutch dairy farms?"
- Latest research paper by Klaus Hubacek et al. "Sample-Based Estimation of Tree Cover Change in Haiti Using Aerial Photography: Substantial Increase in Tree Cover between 2002 and 2010"
- Latest research paper by Benders et al. investigates how consumption-based greenhouse gas emissions from private households can be reduced
- De dilemma's van groene groenten
- What makes district heating cooperatives successful?
- IREES researchers Yuli Shan and Klaus Hubacek contributed to articles in Nature Climate Change and Nature Human Behavior evaluating global impacts of COVID-19
Decarbonizing our energy system is one of the most urgent challenges that humanity faces. The energy transition is inextricably linked to other core sustainability issues such as equality, food security, land and water scarcity, biodiversity and climate change. At IREES, we develop integrated approaches, often in collaboration with stakeholders and the public, that allow us to harness co-benefits, anticipate spill-over and unintended side effects, and minimize trade-offs. IREES is home to scientists with a diverse range of backgrounds including ecologists, soil scientists, environmental scientists, economists, social scientists and the humanities.