Format for PhD applications
Guidelines for submitting a research proposal
A successful research proposal addresses the following points:
1. short description of the project
- what do you want to find out?
- what will you do to get there?
2. position of the project within the discipline
- how does it connect to existing theory?
- what does it promise to contribute?
3. short description of the data (texts, corpus, etc.) that you will use or collect
- why these materials?
4. short description of the project's research method
- why this method?
5. short statement of the relevance of the project
- what is its urgency?
- how is it innovative?
- (if applicable) what practical purposes may be served by its results?
6. statement of a provisional timetable
- when will you do what?
- what will you produce when?
7. statement of expected expenses
- specific research costs, research trips, conference visits, stay abroad
8. description of the required research environment
- who will you be working with?
- what kind of research training do you need?
|Laatst gewijzigd:||15 november 2017 11:50|