Conference and Public Lecture on Lifelong Learning and Social Exclusion
From May 24th to 30th the Second Invitational Conference will take place.
The conference is a joint effort of the Department of Lifelong Leaning, University of Groningen and Globalisation Studies Groningen.
The conference starts with a public lecture on the 24th of May, where speakers from Columbia University (NY), Gulu University (Uganda) and University of Groningen will discuss the Challenges of Higher Education in a Globalized World and the position of the Non-Traditional Student.
Feel free to join in from 4-6 pm in the Academy Building of the University of Groningen.
For further inquiries email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
With universities from all over the world represented, the conference promises to visit a wide array of issues relating to Lifelong Learning, especially oriented towards dealing with marginal groups in society. This conference will provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences, as well as offering a unique opportunity for mutual international cooperation between scholars and professionals from the international field of Lifelong Learning.
The conference programme will include plenary sessions, research presentations and discussion on various topics such as:
- Preparing young people (including early school leavers) for the labour market in different contexts such as in Uganda, Mozambique, South Africa, India, the Netherlands, and USA;
- Theoretical issues of lifelong learning, social exclusion, and active citizenship;
- Participatory and qualitative research methodologies (Action research, mix-methods);
- PhD projects : work in progress;
- The development of our partnerships, funding possibilities, and future activities.
|Last modified:||23 October 2012 12.27 p.m.|