The double Master of Science degree in Water and Coastal Management opens many doors. You will be prepared to work in public organizations that are directly or indirectly responsible for water management and/or the management of coastal resources, i.e. national, regional and local authorities.
Furthermore your educational background will be suitable for finding a job at various governmental and non-governmental agencies that have special responsibilities for the coastal area and/or water management. In addition, consultancy firms with different specializations and/or research institutes will be interested in a student who has completed this ambitious double degree program.
During the programme at the University of Groningen we offer support for your career preparation. The Career Services are provided by the Careers Company and the UG Career Services.
More information about the Careers Company: http://www.rug.nl/frw/education/careers-company-frw/ More information about the UG Career Services: http://www.rug.nl/next/
The Master opens up a wide field of potential careers in both the public and the private sector. Our graduates:
- Work in governments: as policy advisors at international, national, provincial an local offices in charge of spatial planning, transportation or water management.
- Work in consultancy: as project managers at international an national firms in engineering, design an sustainability.
- Start their own business or go into research.
Get to know the personal stories of alumni in our brochure
How we boost your future career
We support you in developing a rich set of tools as well as a reflexive attitude that allows you to create innovative solutions for sustainability and resilience of cities and regions. We do so in various ways:
- Strategic partnerships with organizations in planning practice: National Agency on Public Works and Water Management, Witteveen+Bos Engineering and Consultancy, Royal HaskoningDHVEngineering, design and project management
- Guest lectures, field trips and workshops embedded in the course
- 3x per year 'A day in planning practice', with company visits
- Excursions and 'Meet-alumni' events organised by our student organizations
- 2x per year the Graduate Research Day. A networking event to meet future employers
Have a look at our Roadmap on exploring planning practice & the labour market.
Throughout the year, we offer support for practical career preparation and employability skills. Workshops are given about leadership, job interviews and how to present yourself. These Career Services are provided by the Careers Company and the UG Career Services.