Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions for University of Groningen Winter Schools (‘Terms and Conditions’) apply to all Winter Schools held by the University of Groningen (‘Winter School’).
2. By applying for a Winter School (see also provisions 3 to 5 of these Terms and Conditions), applicants accept that these Terms and Conditions apply.
3. Application is only possible through the websites of the individual Winter Schools. After the application deadline, a selection committee will select the participants. Successful applicants will be notified as soon as possible of their conditional admission and will receive payment instructions. Registration is not final until payment has been received and the applicant has received official notification. For further payment conditions, see provisions 11 and 12 of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Applicants may not invoke the provisions of these Terms and Conditions unless their registration is final.
5. Registration closes on the date indicated on the website for each course. Deviations from these regulations are possible if there are still places available for the course; this is at the discretion of the Winter School in question.
Placement and admission
6. Applicants will be admitted to the Winter School only if they fulfil the minimum admission requirements. In the event that the number of successful applications exceeds the number of available places, participants will be selected by the Winter School in question. If this is the case, participants will be informed.
Cancellation by the Winter Schools
7. Each Winter School reserves the right, for its own reasons, to cancel the course. This may be the case if there are insufficient suitable applicants, for example.
8. In the event of circumstances within the meaning of provision 7 of these Terms and Conditions, participants will be notified promptly in writing. Their registration will be cancelled and no charge will be made.
9. I f registration/placement is not possible because the applicant does not fulfil the participation requirements for the Winter School, their registration will be cancelled and no charge will be made.
Cancellation by participants
10. Participants are entitled to cancel their participation from the Winter School before the start of the course or to withdraw during the course. In such cases, the participant will be liable to pay costs as follows, unless specified otherwise in writing:
- Participants who cancel more than 4 weeks before the start of the course are liable to pay 15% of the full course fee, unless the Winter School in question decides otherwise.
- Participants who cancel within 4 weeks before the start of the course are liable to pay the full course fee, unless the Winter School in question decides otherwise.
- Participants who withdraw during the course are liable to pay the full course fee, unless the Winter School in question decides otherwise
Terms of payment
11. The Winter School must receive the course fee no later than two weeks after the participant has received notification of conditional admission. The payment options are set out in the provisional acceptance letter.
12. If the course fee is not paid on time, the Winter School is authorized to exclude the participant from the course until the payment is made, within a reasonable period of time.
Protection of Personal Data
13. The Regulations for the Protection of Personal Data apply to all Winter Schools, and can be found here.
Code of conduct
Our winter schools are dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Winter school participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the winter school without a refund at the discretion of the organisers.
14. These Terms and Conditions were drawn up with the greatest possible care. However, the University of Groningen cannot guarantee that the content, in particular the information and data, is free of errors and omissions in all respects. The University of Groningen accepts no responsibility or liability for damage/losses that result from such errors/omissions.
15. Provision 16 also applies to all information relating to the Winter Schools that is published on the University of Groningen website.16. The University of Groningen reserves the right to amend or make additions to these Terms and Conditions. The University of Groningen will communicate amendments/additions through the appropriate channels.
|Last modified:||18 November 2019 11.23 a.m.|