Reimbursement of tuition fees
When you deregister from the University of Groningen, you are entitled to a reimbursement of 1/12 of the tuition fees for each remaining month of the academic year in which you are no longer registered.
- You are not entitled to reimbursement of tuition fees if you deregister as of 1 July or 1 August.
- You are not entitled to reimbursement if you deregister for a pre-master programme, unless you have filed a request for deregistration via Studielink in the first three months of your enrollment.
- Tuition fees will be reimbursed for the months of July and August if a student is deregistered because he or she has died.
Conditions reimbursement of tuition fees
You must submit your request for deregistration via Studielink before the end of the academic year to be entitled to reimbursement of tuition fees. The tuition fees will be refunded automatically if you are entitled to a reimbursement. Requests for deregistration submitted after the end of the academic year will not be processed.
Calculation reimbursement of tuition fees
You are entitled to a reimbursement of 1/12 of the tuition fees for each remaining month of the academic year, counted from the date of deregistration. This is explained in the examples below.
- If you deregister in September, and are thus deregistered as of 1 October, you will be reimbursed 11/12 of the tuition fees.
- If you deregister in May, and are thus deregistered as of 1 June, you will be reimbursed 3/12 of the tuition fees.
- If you register in June, and are thus deregistered as of 1 July, you will not receive any reimbursement.
Calculation reimbursement of tuition fees on graduation
If you submit a request for deregistration due to graduation, please bear in mind that:
- The University of Groningen cannot definitively deregister you until it has received the result of your final assessment from your faculty. This may take some time.
- If you pay tuition fees via a direct debit mandate, tuition fees may continue to be deducted from your bank account. This will be compensated in the amount to be reimbursed later.
- Registration is terminated from the first of the month after the month in which you passed the final assessment (i.e. the date on your degree certificate). This may have consequences for your right to a student grant from DUO.
If your graduation date is in December and you submit a request for deregistration on the grounds of graduation in February, you will be deregistered as of 1 January. This means you will no longer be entitled to a student grant from DUO as of 1 January.
Ben je een Nederlandse studiekiezer? Ga dan naar onze pagina's voor Nederlandse studenten.
|Last modified:||11 March 2019 10.49 a.m.|