Sustainability for Business Leaders
Our certified business programme
Entrepreneurs are of crucial importance for the transition of the current gas- and oil-based economy towards a sustainable society. We offer a set of business masterclasses that enable entrepreneurs to learn about best practices of sustainable entrepreneurship and to identify opportunities for their existing business models.
Our programme is dedicated to the business success of sustainable entrepreneurship. We therefore present an overall business model approach of sustainable entrepreneurship ranging from strategy and leadership to successful teams, innovation, and business functions such as marketing, logistics, and human resource management.
We use the Oxford Leadership Profile adapted to sustainable entrepreneurship for our business masterclasses. Participants in our business classes will receive certificates from the University of Groningen.
We have organised our business masterclasses in three sets. The first set of classes on strategy, leadership, personnel, teams, models, and organisation focuses on sustainability within firms or organisations. The second set of classes on strategic alliances, clusters, networks, and value chains focuses on sustainability between organisations. The third set of classes on export, cultural differences, public policies, and globalisation focuses on the context within which sustainable entrepreneurs operate.
Results and opportunities
The masterclasses will actively support the success of sustainable entrepreneurship. Sustainable entrepreneurship requires investment in time and resources for the development of new management processes, products, and services.
Sustainable entrepreneurs are opportunity oriented. They generate new products, services, production processes, techniques, and organisation models that balance the interest of people, planet, and profit.
The business masterclasses of the Centre for Sustainable Entrepreneurship will answer a large number of challenging questions related to successful sustainable entrepreneurship:
- What are the current activities of sustainability?
- Which firms are the best practitioners of sustainability?
- What is the contribution of strategy, leadership, teams, and alliances in current practices of sustainability?
- What are the sustainability potentials of firms?
- Which policy instruments are effective for sustainability and which are not?
- What accelerators are needed to foster successful sustainable entrepreneurship?
- Which lessons can be learned from other national and international regions?
- How can we design and implement successful business models of sustainable entrepreneurship?
What are the conditions for a successful management of sustainable business models?
The most important results from this programme are:
- New business models: innovative and relevant product and services that have been designed based on state-of-the-art business and academic insights;
- Best practices: patterns of sustainability in existing business models will be analysed and the results will be shared among the participants;
- Evidence-based toolkits: instruments that connect to sustainable entrepreneurship including methods for organisation analysis and organisation design at all levels;
- Inspiration and education: state-of-the-art insights and knowledge of successful business models in sustainability;
- Networks and opportunities: opportunities to connect to business partners and academic scholars in different domains.
|Laatst gewijzigd:||12 juli 2017 12:07|