Awards & Events
- Dr. Niels Faber & Dr. Emma Folmer: Erasmus+ grant: Teaching entrepreneurship for sustainability (TES) (2021)
- Margo Enthoven: Best PhD paper award International Social Innovation Research Conference, Sheffield, 2020:
Enthoven, M.P.M. & Folmer, E.C. “Becoming an agent for change: The role of identity in the opportunity recognition process of social entrepreneurs.”
- Dr. Emma Folmer:
1. Project funded by CREDS. How do urban energy communities discover and implement opportunities for the purpose of energy demand reduction? Also, how can these energy communities generate social benefits beyond energy demand reduction?
2. Teaching entrepreneurship for sustainability (TES): Erasmus+ project on integrating entrepreneurship and sustainability teaching focused on developing a new teaching module. Collaboration with Uppsala (Sweden) and Nord University (Norway).
- Dr. Berfu Unal:
1. SMILES (NWO)
2. SUaaVE (Horizon2020- http://www.suaave.eu/): Project on acceptability of connected automated vehicles which we treat as a safe and sustainable mobility alternative
3. Berfu Unal is the Campus Fryslan nominee for teacher of the year 2020. More information on the 2020 election.
- Dr. Tom Long:
1. Tom Long is the Campus Fryslan nominee for teacher of the year 2019.
2. PROWAD Link (INTERREG): this project aims to unlocking the potential of nature and heritage areas to be drivers of jobs and sustainable development. Focus on how best to generate new, and support existing, sustainable entrepreneurs through the application of sustainable business modelling tools.
3. Teaching entrepreneurship for sustainability (TES): Erasmus+ project on integrating entrepreneurship and sustainability teaching focused on developing a new teaching module. Collaboration with Uppsala (Sweden) and Nord University (Norway).
4. RheSYS project: higher education resilience to Covid-19 crisis
- Manon Eikelenboom: Sustainable Society grant
Manon Eikelenboom received the 2019 Sustainable Society grant!
- Dr. Angela Greco defends thesis
On the 16th of September 2020, Angela Greco, the first in-house PhD researcher of Campus Fryslân, defended her dissertation.
- Visit Minister Stientje van Velhoven
On Monday 3 February 2020, Minister Stientje van Veldhoven visited Campus Fryslân. The minister's visit was part of a wider programme in Friesland on the same day, organised by the Province of Fryslân and Vereniging Circulair Friesland.
Part of the programme was the launch of the book 'Samen kennis en innovaties ontwikkelen: towards a circular economy'. The UG launched the book on 3 February during the visit made by the Minister for the Environment and Housing, Stientje van Veldhoven. The visit was part of the national week of the circular economy. The Minister was presented with the first copy of the book by Prof. Iris Vis (Dean of Industry Relations) and Prof. Gjalt de Jong (Professor of Sustainable Entrepreneurship in a Circular Economy and Director of the Centre for Sustainable Entrepreneurship.
View the photo album of Minister Stientje van Veldhoven's visit to Campus Fryslân here!
- Eikelenboom, M., T.B. Long, and G. de Jong (2019). Circular business models in social housing associations. Annual best paper Cloverleaf award at the 2019 International New Business Models conference (Berlin, Germany).
- Enthoven, M.P.M., G. de Jong, and B. Unal (2019). Entrepreneurial opportunities as solutions of sustainable development: the relationship between problem recognition and opportunity recognition. Best paper award at the 2019 High Tech Small Firms conference (Twente, the Netherlands).
- Eikelenboom, M. and G. de Jong (2018). The impact of dynamic capabilities on SME performance. Best paper nomination at the 2018 Academy of Management conference (Chicago, United States).
- Balogh, N., D. Faems, I. Estrada Vaquero, and G. de Jong (2017). Not all those who wander are lost. Partner instability and performance of windfarm joint ventures. Best paper runner up award at the Strategy Process Interest Group of the 2017 Strategic Management Society Annual conference (Houston, United States).
|Last modified:||25 November 2021 4.25 p.m.|