Skip to ContentSkip to Navigation
About us Working at the University of Groningen That is why you work at the UG Practical matters


The University will withhold the relevant income tax amount from your salary and transfer it to the tax authorities. The Netherlands has a progressive tax system which means that the amount of income tax deducted from your salary depends on how much you earn.

For more information on taxes please consult the webpage of the Tax and Customs Administration and Euraxess.

In some cases, we need to establish what your country of residence is, i.e. when you live and/or work abroad. It is important to establish in which country you are taxable. Please contact HR for more information.

If you do not receive a salary from the University, but you receive a scholarship from the University, from another institution or if you finance your own stay, please contact phd-scholarship

Last modified:24 September 2020 07.01 a.m.